The Nutrition Society was established in 1941, and is dedicated to delivering it's mission of advancing the scientific study of nutrition and its application to the maintenance of human and animal health.
Highly regarded by the scientific community, the Society is one of the largest learned societies for nutrition in the world.
The Society is a not for profit, membership organisation. Those with a genuine interest in the science of human or animal nutrition can become a member. Membership is worldwide with a majority of members living in UK and Europe.
The Nutrition Society:
- publishes five renowned journals consisting of highly regarded scientific research
- creates and organises CPD endorsed conferences disseminating cutting-edge nutrition science and attracting nutrition scientists
- works with industry representatives and researchers from the around the world
- offers CPD endorsed training workshops to enhance and develop skills
- creates opportunities to network and develop relationships with like-minded individuals and communities
- publishes six highly regarded textbooks
- offers up to date news in areas of nutrition research.
The Nutrition Society's Strategic Plan (2016 - 2021)
Following a period of consultation with the Trustees, members of Council, members of the Society, and a range of external organisations, the Nutrition Society is committed over the next five years to delivering on five strategic priorities.