Board of Trustees
The Nutrition Society is governed by a Board of Trustees elected by our members. Our Trustees, traditionally called Honorary Officers, are elected for a three year term, after which they may be re-elected for another three years. However, they cannot serve more than two terms concurrently.
Three members of the board of Trustees terms come to an end this year and we are now welcoming nominations to fill these positions. Please see below for more infromation.
Our Trustees, headed by our President, collectively set the strategic direction of the Society and oversee all of our activities. Their decision making is assisted by a Council of advisers. The Nutrition Society is a registered charity and as such, our Trustees have legal responsibilities to act in accordance with the laws governing all charities, overseen by the Charities Commission.
A summary of our Trustee responsibilities can be found here.
The Nutrition Society’s full Rules and Articles of Association can be downloaded below:
2016 BOARD OF TRUSTEE NOMINATIONS NOW WELCOME
Three Trustees (traditionally known as Honorary Officers) terms come to an end this year, and Nutrition Society members are entitled to nominate themselves or nominate fellow members to stand for these positions. If you have the experience and vision to lead our Society we encourage you to come forward. You can read about the benefits of being a Trustee in our Chief Executive's blog here.
The current positions on the Trustee board, which we welcome nominations for the positions include the following:
- Honorary Treasurer. The Board of Trustees will be nominating Professor Chris Seal to be elected to this position. To nominate yourself or a fellow member of the Nutrition Society, download and complete the nomination form for this position here.
- Honorary International Affairs Officer. To nominate yourself or a fellow member of the Nutrition Society, download and complete the nomination form for this position here.
- Honorary Publications Officer. Professor Paul Trayhurn, the current Honorary Publications Officer, will be standing for re-election for his second three year term. To nominate yourself or a fellow member of the Nutrition Society, download and complete the nomination form for this position here.
All completed nomination forms, plus a short biography (100 words) will need to be submited by noon on 13 June via email.
If you require further information or have a question, please contact us.
Latest Twitter feed
- New articles available in PNS from the #nssummer16 Conference https://t.co/9Be6QdYgio
- RT @NS_CEO: Letter of thanks from Lord Boyd Orr upon being made the first Honorary Fellow of the @NutritionSoc #nutrition https://t.co/OXpn…
- RT @NS_CEO: carefully preparing the selection of @NutritionSoc archives for Monday's 75th Anniversary Reception at the Royal Society #nutri…
- RT @aoifec0891: My first published abstract!! Very proud moment for me 🎉@NutritionSoc @NICHE_ULSTER https://t.co/k8VgoBvJxU
- Hi @amyaimfit, all are welcome, if you feel it is suitable for you. Conf programme found at https://t.co/ANdzueGjJN. We hope to welcome you