The prestigious Silver Medal has been awarded annually since 1991 for scientific excellence in the field of nutrition.
2016 SILVER MEDAL WINNER IS NOW ANNOUNCED!
Congratulations to Dr Wendy Hall from King’s College London for her winning abstract entitled 'The future for long chain n-3 PUFA in cardiovascular protection – do we need to target nonfish eaters'. Meet and listen to Dr Hall's lecture on 14 July at our Annual Summer Conference in Dublin, Ireland. Click here to find out more.
2017 applications will be open soon. Application criteria includes the following:
- Applicants must be Nutrition Society members and within 15 years of higher degree graduation at application. Provided that this criterion is met, there is no limit to the number of times an application can be made, however previous winners are ineligable. Each subsequent application must be a new submission made in full.
- Candidates may request that any career breaks, such as maternity leave or long-term illness be taken into account when determining whether the candidate is still within the eligibility period.
- Applications will be judged by a panel of distinguished nutritionists from a variety of institutions and areas of expertise. Judging will focus on the following criteria:
• External recognition in
– Scholarships and awards
– Leadership of innovative research
– Contributions to conferences and professional Societies
• Evidence of extensive academic publications
• Evidence of a record of sustained research funding
What will you win?
The winner will receive the award and present a paper describing his/her work, in the form of a Silver Medal Lecture, during the 2017 Summer Conference in July (eaxct date tbc) in London, UK. The Silver Medal Lecture paper will be published in Proceedings of the Nutrition Society (PNS) journal.
How to apply:
Applicants for the award should submit:
1. A full CV including publications and citation of the applicant’s work and any scholarships or awards received
2. A statement of achievements within each judging criteria category (maximum 1000 words)
3. An abstract summary of the proposed lecture at the 2017 Summer Conference
4. The names, addresses and emails of three Proposers who are familiar with the applicant’s work and who will support the application
If you have any queries, please contact the Conference Coordinator, Jade Mitchell.
Latest Twitter feed
- New study investigates the nutritional quality of food purchased in convenience stores in USA https://t.co/6IZCVrsCWa @CUPAcademic
- RT @LeedsTrinity: One of our graduates was recently invited to present her findings at the @NutritionSoc conference. Read more below: https…
- Intro to Food Policy w/shop early bird deadline finishing - book today to save on your delegate fee https://t.co/U4PbemWlyA
- RT @Cass_Ellis1: Looking forward to hearing great range of speakers at tackling obesity conf #igobesity16 @NutritionSoc
- RT @foodresearchuk: Events from members: Conference: Diet, Nutrition and Mental Health and Wellbeing, 7 Dec @NutritionSoc @RoySocMedhttp://…