You can view the conference live here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBUv2M248QQ
It has been estimated that poor diet is associated with approximately 11 million deaths and 255 million disability-adjusted life years annually around the world. Changes in eating habits in the last 2 decades in Georgia and neighbouring countries have created additional health challenges as elsewhere.
Against this backdrop, the Georgian Nutrition Society continues to focus on an integrated approach to achieving and maintaining good health via optimum nutrition and physical activity.
The Tbilisi International Conference aims to review the role of diet and nutrition in health, raise awareness of nutrition's importance, emphasize science-based education, and identify opportunities for improvement. This hybrid conference, taking place on October 3-4, 2023, will bring together experts, practitioners, and enthusiasts to explore the current status of nutrition and inspire positive changes.
Aims and objectives
- To review the role of diet and nutrition in health and non-communicable diseases,
- Raising awareness of the role and importance of nutrition in the health and welfare of society,
- Emphasising the need for relevant, up-to-date, science-based education accessible to all stakeholders,
- To become familiar with the status quo in Georgia and elsewhere,
- To learn about inspiring initiatives that have made a positive difference and,
- Above all to identify opportunities for improving the situation in Georgia and beyond.