Nominations have now closed
As the Society celebrates its 80th anniversary year, a one-off award has been created to recognise members who have made a significant contribution and helped the Society achieve this milestone anniversary.
The Trustees are looking to award a range of individuals who have actively contributed to the Society’s success. This could be someone who has acted in a local, national or international capacity in a variety of ways, such as:
- Supporting with administration, including journals or events
- Supporting conferences, abstract reviews and chairing sessions
- Acting within a regional group such as setting up an activity to support the Society on a local or regional level e.g. University Ambassadors, Section or Committee Members
- Going the extra mile on projects within their area of volunteering for the Society.
In addition to those who have been long term advocates of the Society, there will also be awards for ‘Rising Stars’. The ‘Rising Star’ category will acknowledge those with a maximum of 5 years postgraduate experience. Awardees should be individuals who have excelled during the early stages of their career and have positively impacted the wider nutrition community as well as the Society.
The Trustees are accepting nominations for these special 80th Anniversary Awards based on the following criteria:
- Should be, or has been, a member of the Society
- Live anywhere in the world, not just in the UK
- Have volunteered over a period of at least 10 years (not necessarily continuous)
- ‘Rising Star’ category should have contributed a maximum of 5 years (not necessarily continuous)
When considering nominees, the proposer should consider the following:
- Their role
- Their contribution – how does their work stand out or where did they go the extra mile?
- Their achievements – have they changed things?
- Sustained and selfless dedication
- Made a real difference to their field of work
- Brought distinction to the Society and enhanced its reputation
- Shown innovation and inspiration
Dr Fred Andrews
Professor Philip Calder
Ms Liz Costin
Dr Gail Goldberg (posthumous)
Dr Jacqueline Landman Ms Jean Marr MBE
Dr Anne Walker
Dr Kate Younger
RISING STAR AWARD WINNERS
Dr Louise Durrant
Ms Laura Kirwan
Ms Orlagh Feehan
Ms Holly Neill