The Nutrition Society’s highly successful textbook series is currently undergoing its second revision, under the textbooks Editor-in-Chief, Professor Susan Lanham-New of the University of Surrey. There are currently five textbooks in the Series which have been translated into several languages. The textbooks are aimed at honours level undergraduate nutrition students and masters students. They are also suitable for professionals in nutrition, dietetics, food science, medicine, physiology and other health sciences.
Groundbreaking in their scope and approach, the titles in the series:
- Are fully peer reviewed, to ensure completeness and clarity of content, as well as to ensure that each book takes a global perspective
- Provide students with the required scientific basics of nutrition in the context of a systems and health approach
- Enable teachers and students to explore the core principles of nutrition, to apply these throughout their training, and to foster critical thinking at all times
- Are very light on references and very rich in non text elements such as key learning objectives, bullet points, tables and figures
To purchase a textbook from the Nutrition Society Textbook Series, please visit the publisher’s website.
For more information please click on each textbook cover.
Introduction to Human Nutrition
This second edition of the introductory text in the acclaimed Nutrition Society Textbook Series, Introduction to Human Nutrition outlines the basic foundations for the study of human nutrition.
Nutrition and Metabolism
Nutrition and Metabolism 2nd edition focuses on the physiological and biochemical basis for the role of nutrients in metabolism.
Public Health Nutrition
Public Health Nutrition has established itself as a major branch of nutrition which draws on the science of nutrition, of epidemiology and public health to help deal at population level with major nutritional issues.
Clinical Nutrition has been newly revised and focuses solely on the sick and metabolically compromised patient. The textbook is intended for those with an interest in nutrition in a clinical setting.
Sport and Exercise Nutrition
Sport and Exercise Nutrition is the new textbook in the Series, providing the latest information on the science and practical aspects of sports nutrition from world-leading nutrition experts.
Nutrition Society members are eligible to receive 35% off all titles in the Nutrition Society Textbook Series, as well as most Wiley books on the publishers website.
To order, please visit the NS member discount page on the Wiley website.
This offer is a member only benefit and we request that you do not share the link with others.
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @_MFSmith: Now published: Our study on barriers & facilitators to eating a med. diet in England http://t.co/fp4JpoGNIL @NutritionSoc @bb…
- Read April's paper of the month from PHN. @MSF qualitative study on attitudes towards malnutrition in rural India, http://t.co/9fiABYJ2KU
- RT @heatherohly: Interesting abstracts from @NutritionSoc summer mtg in proceedings, esp (for me) on #wholegrains and #micronutrients http:…
- We have extra presentation slots at our Summer Conf for you to present your research topic. See http://t.co/peDC2PFG9a Plz RT @AFN_UK_
- Quick reminder to our student members and early career members to apply for Travel Grants by 30 April. Details here http://t.co/5qM3zbHzzU