The Nutrition Society’s highly successful textbook series is currently undergoing its second revision, under the textbooks Editor-in-Chief, Professor Susan Lanham-New of the University of Surrey. There are currently five textbooks in the Series which have been translated into several languages. The textbooks are aimed at honours level undergraduate nutrition students and masters students. They are also suitable for professionals in nutrition, dietetics, food science, medicine, physiology and other health sciences.
Listen to Editor in Chief, Professor Susan Lanham-New talking about the areas of study covered by the textbook series:
Groundbreaking in their scope and approach, the titles in the series:
- Are fully peer reviewed, to ensure completeness and clarity of content, as well as to ensure that each book takes a global perspective
- Provide students with the required scientific basics of nutrition in the context of a systems and health approach
- Enable teachers and students to explore the core principles of nutrition, to apply these throughout their training, and to foster critical thinking at all times
- Are very light on references and very rich in non text elements such as key learning objectives, bullet points, tables and figures
To purchase a textbook from the Nutrition Society Textbook Series, please visit the Wiley website (publisher’s website).
Nutrition Society members are eligible to receive 35% off all titles in the Nutrition Society Textbook Series, as well as most Wiley books on the publishers website.
To order, please visit our members area to retrieve your discount code and order on the Wiley website (publisher).
This offer is a member only benefit.
For more information please click on each textbook cover.
A new book in the Nutrition Society Textbook Series, Nutrition Research Methodologies addresses the rapidly advancing field of nutrition research.
Introduction to Human Nutrition
This second edition of the introductory text in the acclaimed Nutrition Society Textbook Series, Introduction to Human Nutrition outlines the basic foundations for the study of human nutrition.
Nutrition and Metabolism
Nutrition and Metabolism 2nd edition focuses on the physiological and biochemical basis for the role of nutrients in metabolism.
Public Health Nutrition
Public Health Nutrition has established itself as a major branch of nutrition which draws on the science of nutrition, of epidemiology and public health to help deal at population level with major nutritional issues.
Clinical Nutrition has been newly revised and focuses solely on the sick and metabolically compromised patient. The textbook is intended for those with an interest in nutrition in a clinical setting.
Sport and Exercise Nutrition
Sport and Exercise Nutrition provides the latest information on the science and practical aspects of sports nutrition from world-leading nutrition experts.
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @Gla_nutrition: Lord Kelvin & Adam Smith PhD scholarship opportunity with Dr Gerasimidis: Gut health & microbiota https://t.co/9FyPxctDK…
- RT @NS_CEO: Thanks to CEO @amrc for the warm welcome today as a new supporter of AMRC #amrc2015 @NutritionSoc #nutrition https://t.co/5bX4s…
- @kitchenclub55 sorry for late reply. We are at another event this week. How many of the magnifiers are you after? + new Food Diary too?
- RT @NutritionSocRob: Great to hear @Freeman_George commitment to research at #amrc2015 conf. Looking Fwd to meeting some ex colleagues too…
- Nutrition Society at #amrc2015 conf today as new supporter member of @AMRC https://t.co/EGDDEwP5w4