Membership is worldwide and is open to applicants with an interest in the science of human or animal nutrition and who support the Society's aim, 'to advance the scientific study of nutrition and its application to the maintenance of human and animal health'.
Why become a member?
To be part of a community of like-minded individuals and access the knowledge, support and network to help develop your career in nutrition.
- Subscribe to the Society’s journals at discounted rates
- Attend dynamic conferences at special member prices
- 20% discount on submissions to the Journal of Nutritional Science
- Enhance your professional skills at our Training & Education events
- Keep up with Society news in the Gazette
- Receive regular mailings and email alerts
- Low cost membership is available for: retired members, unsalaried students, graduate members (for up to 2 years after graduation) and those living in a low-income country
- Apply for travel grants to attend scientific conferences worldwide
- Access the Members Area of the Society website
- Free membership of regional sections
- Receive discounts to partner events and publications (including Nutrition Bulletin)
- Clinical Nutritionists and others interested in clinical nutrition are entitled to join BAPEN (British Association for Parental and Enteral Nutrition)
- Exchange ideas and network with fellow members on the Forums
- Join the Student & Graduate Member Facebook group
- Follow the Society on LinkedIn to connect with other followers
- Present an abstract at a Society conference and be published in Proceedings of the Nutrition Society
- Sign up for regular Theme updates
- Disseminate your research to a public audience
If you have any queries, please contact the Membership Office by email or phone +44 (0)1223 347 994.
Membership runs from January to December. You will receive a Welcome Pack within 14 days, by post.
Latest Twitter feed