The prestigious Silver Medal has been awarded annually since 1991 for scientific excellence in the field of nutrition.
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2016 MEDAL WILL OPEN SOON.
- Applicants must be Nutrition Society members and within 15 years of higher degree graduation at application. Provided that this criterion is met, there is no limit to the number of times an application can be made, however previous winners are ineligable. Each subsequent application must be a new submission made in full.
- Candidates may request that any career breaks, such as maternity leave or long-term illness be taken into account when determining whether the candidate is still within the eligibility period.
- Applications will be judged by a panel of distinguished nutritionists from a variety of institutions and areas of expertise. Judging will focus on the following criteria:
• External recognition in
– Scholarships and awards
– Leadership of innovative research
– Contributions to conferences and professional Societies
• Evidence of extensive academic publications
• Evidence of a record of sustained research funding
What will you win?
The winner will receive the award and present a paper describing his/her work, in the form of a Silver Medal Lecture, during the 2016 Summer Conference from 11 - 14 July in Dublin, Ireland. The Silver Medal Lecture paper will be published in Proceedings of the Nutrition Society (PNS).
How to apply:
Applicants for the award should submit:
1. A full CV including publications and citation of the applicant’s work and any scholarships or awards received
2. A statement of achievements within each judging criteria category (maximum 1000 words)
3. An abstract summary of the proposed lecture at the 2016 Summer Conference
4. The names, addresses and emails of three Proposers who are familiar with the applicant’s work and who will support the application
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @AnastasiaZKalea: Great talk on ω-3 and inflammation by Prof Philip Calder in #HDAconf2015 @NutritionSoc @BrDieteticAssoc https://t.co/…
- RT @Gla_nutrition: Lord Kelvin & Adam Smith PhD scholarship opportunity with Dr Gerasimidis: Gut health & microbiota https://t.co/9FyPxctDK…
- RT @NS_CEO: Thanks to CEO @amrc for the warm welcome today as a new supporter of AMRC #amrc2015 @NutritionSoc #nutrition https://t.co/5bX4s…
- @kitchenclub55 sorry for late reply. We are at another event this week. How many of the magnifiers are you after? + new Food Diary too?
- RT @NutritionSocRob: Great to hear @Freeman_George commitment to research at #amrc2015 conf. Looking Fwd to meeting some ex colleagues too…