The prestigious Silver Medal has been awarded annually since 1991 for scientific excellence in the field of nutrition.
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2016 MEDAL ARE NOW OPEN
Submission deadline: 1 April
- Applicants must be Nutrition Society members and within 15 years of higher degree graduation at application. Provided that this criterion is met, there is no limit to the number of times an application can be made, however previous winners are ineligable. Each subsequent application must be a new submission made in full.
- Candidates may request that any career breaks, such as maternity leave or long-term illness be taken into account when determining whether the candidate is still within the eligibility period.
- Applications will be judged by a panel of distinguished nutritionists from a variety of institutions and areas of expertise. Judging will focus on the following criteria:
• External recognition in
– Scholarships and awards
– Leadership of innovative research
– Contributions to conferences and professional Societies
• Evidence of extensive academic publications
• Evidence of a record of sustained research funding
What will you win?
The winner will receive the award and present a paper describing his/her work, in the form of a Silver Medal Lecture, during the 2016 Summer Conference from 11 - 14 July in Dublin, Ireland. The Silver Medal Lecture paper will be published in Proceedings of the Nutrition Society (PNS) journal.
How to apply:
Applicants for the award should submit:
1. A full CV including publications and citation of the applicant’s work and any scholarships or awards received
2. A statement of achievements within each judging criteria category (maximum 1000 words)
3. An abstract summary of the proposed lecture at the 2016 Summer Conference
4. The names, addresses and emails of three Proposers who are familiar with the applicant’s work and who will support the application
Please submit your application to our Event Coordinator, Jade Mitchell via email by 1 April.
If you have any queries, please contact Jade Mitchell.
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @Jennybandon: Great talk by Prof Maria O Sullivan editor of PNS on publishing papers. So relevant and informative #25NSPGcork @Nutrition…
- RT @NICHE_ULSTER: Marking the occasion!! Successful Irish Section PG meetings for 25 years. A great #Legacy #25NSPGcork https://t.co/3wiR2O…
- RT @Jennybandon: A huge congratulations to the local organisers of #25NSPGcork @NutritionSoc PG meeting_Cork. Here's to the next 25 https:/…
- RT @NS_CEO: The Irish Section Post Grad meeting celebrates its 25th! #25NSPGcork @NutritionSoc https://t.co/QxQifTI2V9
- RT @aoifenihaodha: Getting ready for a great night @NutritionSoc gala dinner! #25NSPGcork https://t.co/FH326cg0yy