The prestigious Silver Medal has been awarded annually since 1991 for scientific excellence in the field of nutrition.
APPLICATIONS NOW BEING ACCEPTED FOR 2015 MEDAL
To apply for the award, please read the following and submit your application for the attention of Professor Harry McArdle, Honorary Secretary by email by midnight on Thursday 2 April 2015.
- Applicants must be Nutrition Society members and within 15 years of higher degree graduation at application. Provided that this criterion is met, there is no limit to the number of times an application can be made, however previous winners are ineligable. Each subsequent application must be a new submission made in full.
- Candidates may request that any career breaks, such as maternity leave or long-term illness be taken into account when determining whether the candidate is still within the eligibility period.
- Applications will be judged by a panel of distinguished nutritionists from a variety of institutions and areas of expertise. Judging will focus on the following criteria:
• External recognition in
– Scholarships and awards
– Leadership of innovative research
– Contributions to conferences and professional Societies
• Evidence of extensive academic publications
• Evidence of a record of sustained research funding
What will you win?
The winner will receive the award and present a paper describing his/her work, in the form of a Silver Medal Lecture, during The future of animal health in the human diet: health and environmental concerns conference. This will be held on 6 - 9 July 2015 at University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK. The Silver Medal Lecture paper will be published in Proceedings of the Nutrition Society (PNS).
How to apply:
Applicants for the award should submit:
1. A full CV including publications and citation of the applicant’s work and any scholarships or awards received
2. A statement of achievements within each judging criteria category (maximum 1000 words)
3. An abstract summary of the proposed lecture at The future of animal health in the human diet: health and environmental concerns conference
4. The names, addresses and emails of three Proposers who are familiar with the applicant’s work and who will support the application
Send your application for the attention of Professor Harry J McArdle, Honorary Secretary via email by midnight on Wednesday 2 April 2015.
Latest Twitter feed
- @P_Fairbairn we are pleased you have booked your place. We look forward to welcoming you to Nottingham in July.
- RT @P_Fairbairn: Place booked on the @NutritionSoc future of animal products in the diet conference. As populations grow food sustainabili…
- RT @l_benson: Excitement 💪🐠🎓 Ive been accepted by @NutritionSoc for presentation of my study |Effect of N-3FA on eccentric exercise http://…
- Last few places available for the scientific writing workshop on Friday at FANUS. Register at our stand now so you don't miss out!
- Great to see NS staff getting involved in workshop role plays! http://t.co/gVPSp8dtTu