Public Health Nutrition
Public Health Nutrition has established itself as a major branch of nutrition which draws on the science of nutrition, of epidemiology and public health to help deal at population level with major nutritional issues.
Opening with an overview of public health nutrition, the textbook deals with the broad principles of assessment of risk at individual and population levels, the planning and evaluation of intervention strategies, the principles of health promotion and the assessment of the impact of intervention strategies. Chapters on maternal nutrition, cardiovascular disease, diabetes mellitus, disease prevention and more make the book a comprehensive resource.
Edited on behalf of The Nutrition Society by:
- Professor Michael Gibney (UCD Institute of Food and Health)
- Professor Barrie Margetts (University of Southampton)
- Dr John Kearney (Dublin Institute of Technology)
- Professor Lenore Arab (University of California Los Angeles)
Nutrition Society Members receive a 20% discount on the Textbook Series
To receive this discount, please log into the 'Members Area' of the website.
Latest Twitter feed
- Irish Postgraduate Competition to speak at next conf 12-13 Feb 2015 is now open! Submit application http://t.co/O3mVaPDxXK @UlsterUni pls RT
- Social care professionals learn more about #Nutrition, #Ageing & muscle loss at our Dec conf http://t.co/IiRohauT6C @SCIE_socialcare pls RT
- Limited places at Dec #Nutrition, #Ageing & muscle loss conf hosted by NS & @RoySocMed See http://t.co/4zGSRr76fm @AfN_UK_ @BrDieteticAssoc
- RT @NutritionSocRob: Story of interest: Turning To Crickets To Fight Malnutrition http://t.co/nRYcbutAvU
- RT @NutritionSocRob: Story of interest: What Do Millennial Consumers Want Regarding Food? | Beef Quality content from BEEF Magazine http://…
Training & Education: View