Public Health Nutrition
Public Health Nutrition has established itself as a major branch of nutrition which draws on the science of nutrition, of epidemiology and public health to help deal at population level with major nutritional issues.
Opening with an overview of public health nutrition, the textbook deals with the broad principles of assessment of risk at individual and population levels, the planning and evaluation of intervention strategies, the principles of health promotion and the assessment of the impact of intervention strategies. Chapters on maternal nutrition, cardiovascular disease, diabetes mellitus, disease prevention and more make the book a comprehensive resource.
Edited on behalf of The Nutrition Society by:
- Professor Michael Gibney (UCD Institute of Food and Health)
- Professor Barrie Margetts (University of Southampton)
- Dr John Kearney (Dublin Institute of Technology)
- Professor Lenore Arab (University of California Los Angeles)
Nutrition Society Members receive a 20% discount on the Textbook Series
To receive this discount, please log into the 'Members Area' of the website.
Latest Twitter feed
- Don't forget to apply for the Cuthbertson Medal 2015 - http://t.co/LxJhqbY9Sr Deadline today! Good luck to all applicants @RoySocMed pls RT
- RT @AfN_UK_: Don't be lured in by the promise of a quick fix - eat healthily, be active & if need help see a professional! #RNutr https://t…
- RT @foodgov: Let’s prevent another DNP death. Watch/RT this video and learn the real dangers of 'fat burning' pills #DNPkills https://t.co/…
- RT @JaneMaddockPhD: @NutritionSoc @NutSocPGConf @EvaMaguire13 @NNEdPro @glenysjones postgrad conference coming to Cambridge in September ht…
- RT @OfficialNIHR: Lead of the #NIHR Southampton Biomedical Research Centre is elected as the next President of @NutritionSoc http://t.co/3Z…