Public Health Nutrition
Public Health Nutrition has established itself as a major branch of nutrition which draws on the science of nutrition, of epidemiology and public health to help deal at population level with major nutritional issues.
Opening with an overview of public health nutrition, the textbook deals with the broad principles of assessment of risk at individual and population levels, the planning and evaluation of intervention strategies, the principles of health promotion and the assessment of the impact of intervention strategies. Chapters on maternal nutrition, cardiovascular disease, diabetes mellitus, disease prevention and more make the book a comprehensive resource.
Edited on behalf of The Nutrition Society by:
- Professor Michael Gibney (UCD Institute of Food and Health)
- Professor Barrie Margetts (University of Southampton)
- Dr John Kearney (Dublin Institute of Technology)
- Professor Lenore Arab (University of California Los Angeles)
Nutrition Society Members receive a 20% discount on the Textbook Series
To receive this discount, please log into the 'Members Area' of the website.
Latest Twitter feed
- CPD accreditation for Winter Meeting on #nutrition, #ageing is approved! @AfN_UK_ @BrDieteticAssoc @RoySocMed http://t.co/Y2HidtVMpw
- NS Trustees Meeting today to discuss overall strategy, member benefits & new initiatives for 2015. http://t.co/WpQTNEdd9K
- NS Council meeting. Members discussing importance of animal nutrition alongside science of human #nutrition. http://t.co/UwHDLaF5QN
- NS International Affairs Committee meeting chaired by Dr Paul Amuna (right). Others joined by phone. http://t.co/viNehmTsMe
- Book by 7 Nov to get up to £70 off attending our Winter Conf on #nutrition, #ageing and muscle loss @RoySocMed http://t.co/Y2HidtVMpw
Training & Education: View