Public Health Nutrition
Public Health Nutrition has established itself as a major branch of nutrition which draws on the science of nutrition, of epidemiology and public health to help deal at population level with major nutritional issues.
Opening with an overview of public health nutrition, the textbook deals with the broad principles of assessment of risk at individual and population levels, the planning and evaluation of intervention strategies, the principles of health promotion and the assessment of the impact of intervention strategies. Chapters on maternal nutrition, cardiovascular disease, diabetes mellitus, disease prevention and more make the book a comprehensive resource.
Edited on behalf of The Nutrition Society by:
- Professor Michael Gibney (UCD Institute of Food and Health)
- Professor Barrie Margetts (University of Southampton)
- Dr John Kearney (Dublin Institute of Technology)
- Professor Lenore Arab (University of California Los Angeles)
Nutrition Society Members receive a discount on the Textbook Series
To receive this discount, please log into the 'Members Area' of the website.
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @rdukchat: @NutritionSoc Please help us spread word that on Monday 8pm #RDUK hosting a #PlantBased tweetchat http://t.co/WEwC3K4thk #al…
- RT @RoySocMed: Roles of sleep & circadian rhythms in the origin & nutritional management of obesity @NutritionSoc #rolesofsleep15 http://t.…
- NS President Prof Geissler welcomes new Trustee & Council members to first meeting to discuss 2015-2016 work plans. http://t.co/qCSQA5Kmd6
- RT @TheDairyCouncil: The Dairy Council Sports Nutrition Award in collaboration with @SENregister Details: http://t.co/bIputFk7sT http://t.c…
- RT @glenysjones: Great to hear @BBCNaga mention nutribabbles negative impact. Registered Nutritionists + Dietitians can help media understa…