Public Health Nutrition
Public Health Nutrition has established itself as a major branch of nutrition which draws on the science of nutrition, of epidemiology and public health to help deal at population level with major nutritional issues.
Opening with an overview of public health nutrition, the textbook deals with the broad principles of assessment of risk at individual and population levels, the planning and evaluation of intervention strategies, the principles of health promotion and the assessment of the impact of intervention strategies. Chapters on maternal nutrition, cardiovascular disease, diabetes mellitus, disease prevention and more make the book a comprehensive resource.
Edited on behalf of The Nutrition Society by:
- Professor Michael Gibney (UCD Institute of Food and Health)
- Professor Barrie Margetts (University of Southampton)
- Dr John Kearney (Dublin Institute of Technology)
- Professor Lenore Arab (University of California Los Angeles)
Nutrition Society Members receive a 20% discount on the Textbook Series
To receive this discount, please log into the 'Members Area' of the website.
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @LConeyworth: Any @Science_Grrl s in Edinburgh on the 8th April? @andymsalter will be discussing if insects will be on the menu soon!! @…
- RT @NS_CEO: Apparently I just walked 2.5km around this Exhibition Hall @nutritionorg ! @NutritionSoc #nutrition http://t.co/53kAOWe94B
- Have a research topic you would like to present & have published? Yes-submit your abstract by 10 Apr-http://t.co/peDC2PFG9a Plz RT @AFN_UK_
- 2015 NS awards. Only 2 days left to apply for Silver & Public Health Nutrition medal! http://t.co/aITSAnNdJz Plz RT @CNmagazines @AFN_UK_
- RT @glenysjones: Yet another study showing huge proportion of parents rarely spot child obesity in own children http://t.co/5tHZxPdvQJ @ucl…