Statistics for Nutrition Research
Date: 9 November 2016
Venue: Nutrition Society offices, 10 Cambridge Court, 210 Shepherds Bush road, London, W6 7NJ
This one day Nutrition Society course will cover experimental design, sample size and power calculations; and to more advanced techniques such as
modeling outcomes, ANOVA model selection, linear regression including using and interpreting mixed models.
REGISTRATION is OPEN
PLEASE NOTE: The early bird offer will expire on 9 OCTOBER.
Click on the button above and you will be directed to an Eventbrite page to book your place on the workshop.
Workshop fee includes all refreshments, lunch, training materials and certificate of attendance from the Association for Nutrition (once applied). Pre-reading will be sent out at booking stage.
Delegates will gain a better understanding of:
- Definition and use of statistical concepts
- Differences between accuracy & precision
- Basic concepts of modeling outcomes
- The linear model when there are multiple explanatory variables (ANOVA, multiple comparisons and regression analysis)
- Sample size and power calculations including handling missing data
- Planning a study & experiment
- Effectively present and share data using reported methods
- Clearly define variables
- Making informed decisions in the design and analysis of research
Application for contiuning professional development endorsement is sought for from the Association for Nutrition. Certificates of Attendances will be handed out at the end of the workshop.
The workshop will be ran by Dr Graham Horgan, Principal Consultant for Human Health & Nutrition, Biomathematics & Statistics Scotland, Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health, University of Aberdeen
Click here to view the full programme.
Who should attend?
MSc and PhD students working on human nutrition studies; nutritional epidemiologists, professionals, academics, and those working on large-scale human studies.
If you have any queries or for further information, please contact Hajnal Zdravics, Training & Education Manager.
The Nutrition Society reserves the right to cancel the workshop.
Latest Twitter feed
- New Paper of the Month investigates how to encourage college students to maintain a healthy habits https://t.co/7vTtRUAY74 @CUPAcademic
- New study investigates the nutritional quality of food purchased in convenience stores in USA https://t.co/6IZCVrsCWa @CUPAcademic
- RT @LeedsTrinity: One of our graduates was recently invited to present her findings at the @NutritionSoc conference. Read more below: https…
- Intro to Food Policy w/shop early bird deadline finishing - book today to save on your delegate fee https://t.co/U4PbemWlyA
- RT @Cass_Ellis1: Looking forward to hearing great range of speakers at tackling obesity conf #igobesity16 @NutritionSoc