Learning Outcomes and CPD
The aim of the webinar is to provide an up to date overview of the evidence for age-related immune decline and the potential for nutrition to affect this.
The learning outcomes of the webinar include:
- To have an increased understanding of the immune system and how it works.
- To be aware of how the immune system changes in ageing and the health effects of such change.
- To understand how good nutrition is important to enable the immune system to function properly.
- To be aware of some of the literature around specific nutrients and age-related immune decline.
- To be aware that the gut microbiota interacts with the host’s immune system.
- To know that the gut microbiota changes with ageing.
- To be aware of some of the literature around probiotics and age-related immune decline.
- To be aware of uncertainties and controversy.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
This webinar has been endorsed by the Association for Nutrition (EN175)