Learning Outcomes and CPD
Symposia 1: Current nutritional issues at the population level
- Discuss the effect of iodine deficiency during pregnancy on child development.
- Describe nutritional issues associated with picky eaters in childhood.
- Discuss the role of B vitamins in cognitive function.
- Discuss the role of vitamin D in falls/fractures in the elderly.
Symposia 2: Developing and using novel health and nutritional biomarkers.
- Describe novel methods for assessing nutrient intake/status.
- Outline associations between the gut microbiota and health.
Symposia 3: Global strategies to improve micronutrient status; current opinion and implications for nutrition policy.
- Outline key issues in relation to micronutrient intake and status at a global level.
- Discuss strategies to overcome vitamin D insufficiency/deficiency within the population.
- Describe global approaches to improving micronutrient status.
The proceedings from the main symposia and the original communications presented at this meeting will be published in the ‘Proceedings of the Nutrition Society’ journal.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD):
The conference is endorsed by the Assosciation for Nutrition (AfN) and the British Dietetic Association (BDA)