Public Health Nutrition
Public Health Nutrition has established itself as a major branch of nutrition which draws on the science of nutrition, of epidemiology and public health to help deal at population level with major nutritional issues.
Opening with an overview of public health nutrition, the textbook deals with the broad principles of assessment of risk at individual and population levels, the planning and evaluation of intervention strategies, the principles of health promotion and the assessment of the impact of intervention strategies. Chapters on maternal nutrition, cardiovascular disease, diabetes mellitus, disease prevention and more make the book a comprehensive resource.
Edited on behalf of The Nutrition Society by:
- Professor Michael Gibney (UCD Institute of Food and Health)
- Professor Barrie Margetts (University of Southampton)
- Dr John Kearney (Dublin Institute of Technology)
- Professor Lenore Arab (University of California Los Angeles)
Nutrition Society Members receive a discount on the Textbook Series
To receive this discount, please log into the 'Members Area' of the website.
Latest Twitter feed
- New articles available in PNS from the #nssummer16 Conference https://t.co/9Be6QdYgio
- RT @NS_CEO: Letter of thanks from Lord Boyd Orr upon being made the first Honorary Fellow of the @NutritionSoc #nutrition https://t.co/OXpn…
- RT @NS_CEO: carefully preparing the selection of @NutritionSoc archives for Monday's 75th Anniversary Reception at the Royal Society #nutri…
- RT @aoifec0891: My first published abstract!! Very proud moment for me 🎉@NutritionSoc @NICHE_ULSTER https://t.co/k8VgoBvJxU
- Hi @amyaimfit, all are welcome, if you feel it is suitable for you. Conf programme found at https://t.co/ANdzueGjJN. We hope to welcome you