Public Health Nutrition
Public Health Nutrition has established itself as a major branch of nutrition which draws on the science of nutrition, of epidemiology and public health to help deal at population level with major nutritional issues.
Opening with an overview of public health nutrition, the textbook deals with the broad principles of assessment of risk at individual and population levels, the planning and evaluation of intervention strategies, the principles of health promotion and the assessment of the impact of intervention strategies. Chapters on maternal nutrition, cardiovascular disease, diabetes mellitus, disease prevention and more make the book a comprehensive resource.
Edited on behalf of The Nutrition Society by:
- Professor Michael Gibney (UCD Institute of Food and Health)
- Professor Barrie Margetts (University of Southampton)
- Dr John Kearney (Dublin Institute of Technology)
- Professor Lenore Arab (University of California Los Angeles)
Nutrition Society Members receive a discount on the Textbook Series
To receive this discount, please log into the 'Members Area' of the website.
Latest Twitter feed
- New research investigates young adults response alternative reasons for soft drink price increase https://t.co/fZAqvCNrqs
- RT @KCLNutritionSoc: 👏 Congratulations to the new @NutritionSoc President, Professor Philip Calder 👏
- The Society is clarifying the scope of its journals- read this editorial from latest issue of PHN to find out more https://t.co/V2iLqxoHS8
- RT @NutSoc_SC: Remember you can view our whole programme here https://t.co/JRdeD2HqA5 our presentations cover all areas of nutrition
- New research from Prof Heather Patisaul in PNS reviews soya phyto-oestrogens and health https://t.co/FLKj7xELO5 #nsspring16