Public Health Nutrition
Public Health Nutrition has established itself as a major branch of nutrition which draws on the science of nutrition, of epidemiology and public health to help deal at population level with major nutritional issues.
Opening with an overview of public health nutrition, the textbook deals with the broad principles of assessment of risk at individual and population levels, the planning and evaluation of intervention strategies, the principles of health promotion and the assessment of the impact of intervention strategies. Chapters on maternal nutrition, cardiovascular disease, diabetes mellitus, disease prevention and more make the book a comprehensive resource.
Edited on behalf of The Nutrition Society by:
- Professor Michael Gibney (UCD Institute of Food and Health)
- Professor Barrie Margetts (University of Southampton)
- Dr John Kearney (Dublin Institute of Technology)
- Professor Lenore Arab (University of California Los Angeles)
Nutrition Society Members receive a discount on the Textbook Series
To receive this discount, please log into the 'Members Area' of the website.
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @LeedsTrinity: One of our graduates was recently invited to present her findings at the @NutritionSoc conference. Read more below: https…
- Intro to Food Policy w/shop early bird deadline finishing - book today to save on your delegate fee https://t.co/U4PbemWlyA
- RT @Cass_Ellis1: Looking forward to hearing great range of speakers at tackling obesity conf #igobesity16 @NutritionSoc
- RT @foodresearchuk: Events from members: Conference: Diet, Nutrition and Mental Health and Wellbeing, 7 Dec @NutritionSoc @RoySocMedhttp://…
- Dietary Assessment Methods workshop in full swing as delegates network during lunch https://t.co/mcpxAjX7jV