Public Health Nutrition
Public Health Nutrition has established itself as a major branch of nutrition which draws on the science of nutrition, of epidemiology and public health to help deal at population level with major nutritional issues.
Opening with an overview of public health nutrition, the textbook deals with the broad principles of assessment of risk at individual and population levels, the planning and evaluation of intervention strategies, the principles of health promotion and the assessment of the impact of intervention strategies. Chapters on maternal nutrition, cardiovascular disease, diabetes mellitus, disease prevention and more make the book a comprehensive resource.
Edited on behalf of The Nutrition Society by:
- Professor Michael Gibney (UCD Institute of Food and Health)
- Professor Barrie Margetts (University of Southampton)
- Dr John Kearney (Dublin Institute of Technology)
- Professor Lenore Arab (University of California Los Angeles)
Nutrition Society Members receive a discount on the Textbook Series
To receive this discount, please log into the 'Members Area' of the website.
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @NutSoc_SC: The organising team & @NutritionSoc are v busy today putting together the programme information booklet for the conference!…
- RT @StirNutrOW: @NutSoc_SC coming soon. 8-9 September. Great line up of speakers and professional development opportunities @NutritionSoc
- RT @NutSoc_SC: Happy #Monday everyone!! Guess what...only 17 days to go until #ChesterStuCon2016! @NutritionSoc https://t.co/pJORb5ScIq #co…
- Expires midnight - early bird discounted fee. Book your Dietary Assessment Methods wkshop place - https://t.co/MlW0bdFLuM Don't miss out!
- Career advice + opp to have your photo taken professionally for your online profile @NutSoc_SC @riversideinnov8 https://t.co/Pqm9egFx0t