Learning Outcomes and CPD
By attending the conference delegates will gain the ability to:
- Describe the effect of the food environment on health and health inequalities.
- Discuss how technology can be used to help us to understand the food environment.
- Discuss ways in which the food environment can be modified to influence food choice in different settings.
- Discuss the challenges of defining healthy, environmentally sustainable and consumer acceptable diets.
- Discuss interventions that are being tested as a way to improve farm animal health and welfare.
- Discuss the role of food taxes and subsidies as a driver of population change.
- Discuss the viability of public-private partnerships as a way to improve population diet and health.
- Understand the role of sensory science in modifying food for health and consumer acceptability.
- Discuss strategies to help individuals choose appropriate portion sizes of foods.
- Discuss current evidence in relation to sustaining motivation and behaviour change.
- Discuss the need for a broad portfolio of approaches to accelerate change to a heathier diet.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD):
This conference has been endorsed by the Association for Nutrition (AfN EN132)