Food Nation is a social enterprise passionate about food, nutrition and health. Our team is based in Newcastle upon Tyne and provides innovative food and nutrition services to schools, businesses and communities across the North-East of England.
Food Nation are looking to host a placement student to work as part of our team and assist in the delivery and development of our community based food education services.
Please see the job description for more detail of the tasks that may be included as part of this role.
Suitable candidates for this position will be the following: - A university undergraduate student looking for a year placement as part of their undergraduate degree - A student studying a food and nutrition related degree - Passionate about food and nutrition with a desire to tackle diet-related health problems - A person with great initiative, determination and self-motivation
Assist in the recruitment, preparation and delivery of Food Nation’s Cooking Skills work through:
· Carrying out all preparations for sessions
· Delivering and assisting during cooking skills sessions
· Maintain a high standard of food hygiene and assist in the running of the cooking skills centre
· Assist with administration required for the successful delivery of Food Nation enterprises
· Assisting in the promotion of Food Nation’s Cooking Skills Enterprises to the general public
· Assisting with the evaluation of cooking skills work through developing case studies, using the SPSS statistics package and managing the Excel-based databases.
· Assisting with nutritional analysis of recipes
· Assisting in the development of existing projects and in developing new projects
Work closely with the Food Adventures Team to:
· Assist in the design of cookery classes for children ranging from 2—11 years old
· Delivery of the cooking skills and nutrition element of the Food Adventures programme working with primary school children and the community
Coordination of Food Nation volunteers:
· Coordinate the recruitment and placement of new volunteers for Food Nation Enterprises
· Induction and training of all new volunteers
· Create a strong relationship between volunteers and Food Nation
· Contribute to the Food Nation Compact
· Uphold the values of Food Nation and be passionate about working towards our vision
· Any other duties deemed necessary by the Operations Manager and Operations Director
To apply for this position please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter that outlines your suitability for this role and your future aspirations. Applications should be received at Food Nation by email before 5pm on Friday 24th February 2016 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details or enquiries regarding this position please contact Katie Lehmann on 0191 276 0595 or email email@example.com (please note applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org )
Initial Interviews are likely to take place the week beginning 6th March, if you are likely to be available during this week please specify in your cover letter.