Learning Outcomes and CPD
What are the learning outcomes of particpating in the webinar?
- Outline the structure and function of DNA and how it is organised in cells to form the human genome
- Explain what gene expression is and how environmental factors such as diet can influence gene expression and genome function thereby influencing health and susceptibility to disease
- Explain what the fields of nutrigenomics, nutrigenetics and epigenetics are Demonstrate an understanding of the genetic basis of some chronic diseases
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of relevant genetics and genomics principles
- Explain how genetic testing is conducted in practice
- Understand and be able to explain the limitations of gene testing
- Understand and explain the ethical and legal frameworks surrounding personalised health
- Visualise and create future opportunities where chronic disease prevention is concerned
- Outline relevant resources for accessing further detailed information
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
This webinar is CPD endorsed by the British Dietetic Association (BDA) and Association for Nutrition (AfN EN095). It is also approved by the Royal Society of Biology for purposes of CPD and this event may be counted as four CPD credits.