This new type of membership is available to those people who are within ten years of their last graduation.
There are occasions when members may suffer financial hardship due to unemployment, illness or maternity leave etc; it is at these times that Unwaged Membership is available on a case-by-case basis for one year.
(The cost of one year of membership is £20)
Please note: You may be asked to prove financial hardship before your application for membership is confirmed.
Benefits of Unwaged Membership
Whether you are employed in industry, academia, or private practice, there are benefits for you. Alongside the wider range of benefits, full members may appreciate the specific benefits listed below:
- Keep in touch with colleagues and nutrition science to help when getting back into employment
- 20% APC discount to publish in the Society's fully open-access Journal of Nutritional Science and also Gut Microbiome
- Member-only discounts to Society conferences and events
- Free twice-yearly Membership Magazine - The Gazette.
- Eligibility to vote and stand in the Trustee and Advisory Council elections