This new type of membership is available to those people who are within ten years of their last graduation.
Student membership is for those students studying for a first or second degree (or equivalent) in nutrition or a nutrition-related subject, this can be animal or human nutrition. Students qualify for a reduced cost of membership during the period of their studies. Applications must be supported by a lecturer, tutor, or supervisor who need not be a member of the Society. (One-year membership subscription fee is £20)
Student membership (LIC) Low-income countries is for student members who are currently living and/or working in countries listed on the World Bank’s list of low or lower-middle-income countries and are eligible for a reduced rate of membership. View the World Bank's list to check if you are eligible for this reduced rate membership fee. (One-year membership subscription fee is £10 for one year)
N.B. You must be resident in a low/lower-middle income country to be able to apply for this reduced rate of membership. This applies when joining or renewing your membership. We may ask for proof of residency.
Student Membership Benefits
Some of the membership benefits students may find most useful are as follows:
- 35% discount on Nutrition Society and other Wiley textbooks - you can buy nutrition and other textbooks including bundles with 35% off the price
- FREE access to the monthly Journal Club - here you can learn or hone your critical appraisal skills
- Apply for the Nutrition Society Summer Studentship Research Programme - designed for students with another year to the completion of their degrees, allowing them to undertake a two-month research project.
- Eligible to apply to join the Student Section - a great opportunity to have fun and gain useful transferrable skills to enhance your CV
- Join Member-Connect - this is the Society's member-only engagement and information platform where you can connect with other students and eminent nutritionists.
So what are you waiting for, give membership a try? JOIN TODAY.