The Scottish Section of Nutrition Society exists to arrange research meetings easily accessible to Scottish members and to provide a forum for nutrition education and research in Scotland.
Elections for Scottish Section Committee
Once a year the elections for our committees takes place. The elections consist of nominating new Ordinary Members and/or a Secretary into the committee. A benefit of being an NS member allows you the opportunity to nominate and vote for other NS members to be an Ordinary Member or Secretary of the committee.
Scottish Section Secretary
Dr Spiridoula Athanasiadou
Scottish Agriculture College, Edinburgh, Scotland’s Rural College (SRUC) Chair
Scottish Section Committee
- Dr Emilie Combet, University of Glasgow
- Dr Derek Ball, Herriot Watt University
- Dr Karen Barton, Abertay University
- Dr Lindsey Masson, Robert Gordon University
- Dr Gordon McDougall, James Hutton Institute
- Miss Susana Palma, University of Glasgow (student rep)
- Dr Viren Ranawana, Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health, University of Aberdeen
- Miss Sophie Wardle, University of Sterling (student rep)
- Professor Lynda Williams, Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health
- Dr Oliver Witard, University of Stirling
The Scottish Section runs one conference each year, in the Spring. On 21 - 22 March 2016 the Scottish Section ran the Spring Conference on Phytochemicals and health: new perspectives of plant based nutrition. Pictures from the Spring 2016 conference can be viewed here.
Latest Twitter feed
- New study investigates the nutritional quality of food purchased in convenience stores in USA https://t.co/6IZCVrsCWa @CUPAcademic
- RT @LeedsTrinity: One of our graduates was recently invited to present her findings at the @NutritionSoc conference. Read more below: https…
- Intro to Food Policy w/shop early bird deadline finishing - book today to save on your delegate fee https://t.co/U4PbemWlyA
- RT @Cass_Ellis1: Looking forward to hearing great range of speakers at tackling obesity conf #igobesity16 @NutritionSoc
- RT @foodresearchuk: Events from members: Conference: Diet, Nutrition and Mental Health and Wellbeing, 7 Dec @NutritionSoc @RoySocMedhttp://…