For members who are either employed within an animal or human nutrition science-related field, or who have a keen interest in them.
Early Career Membership
Early Career Membership is a NEW type of membership, available for a period of ten years following a graduate's last graduation in animal or human nutrition science or a related subject. (One-year membership subscription fee is £40)
Early Career Membership LIC ***
A NEW type of Membership is available for full members who are currently living and/or working in countries listed on the World Bank’s list of low or lower-middle-income countries. Please view the World Bank's list below to check if you are eligible for this reduced membership fee. (One-year reduced membership subscription fee is £15)
***Please note: You must be resident in a low/lower-middle Income Country to be able to apply or renew for this reduced rate of membership. We may ask for proof of residency.
Benefits of Early Career Membership
Whether you are a graduate or employed in industry, academia, or in private practice, there are benefits for you. Alongside the wider range of benefits, early career members may appreciate the specific benefits listed below:
- 25% APC discount to publish in the Society's fully open-access journals, Journal of Nutritional Science, Public Health Nutrition and also Gut Microbiome.
- Member-only discounts to Society conferences and events
- Financial Assistance to attend ENLP and other conferences
- Apply for an award - the Cuthbertson, Silver Medal or Julie Wallace Award will showcase your research and profile your career to date
- Eligibility to stand in the Advisory Council elections to enhance your skills and connections
- Access to the member-only Nutrition Society Journal Club