Please see below for a full list of the membership categories offered by the Nutrition Society. All membership categories include a number of member benefits and an online only subscription to Proceedings of the Nutrition Society as part of the membership package.
If you wish you renew your membership, please do do by creating an account so that our website wil be able to find your details in the database, you can do that here .
If you have any queries, please contact our membership team via email or on +44 (0)207 605 6555.
For further information on the annual membership fees, please click here.
Full membership entitles the member to the full list of benefits. Full Members are also eligible to pay or renew by Direct Debit.
NB. Members employed in the United Kingdom may qualify for tax relief on their subscriptions.
Students qualify for a reduced cost membership whilst studying a course in nutrition.
Applications must be supported by a lecturer, tutor or supervisor who need not be a member of the Society.
Once you have completed your studies, you will be eligible to become a graduate member of the Society (see below).
Those who are recent graduates qualify for a reduced cost membership for up to two years after graduation.
Retired membership is intended for members who have retired, but who wish to keep up to date with nutrition news and research. It offers the same benefits as the Full Member category. Retired Members are eligible to apply or renew by Direct Debit.
Low Income Countries (LIC) Membership
This category applies to members in low income countries. To see if you are eligible for this reduced rate category please click here to see the list of qualifying countries. N.B. To be eligible for this you must be resident in a qualifying country at the time of application.
Unwaged membership is available for one year only on a case by case basis. This type of membership is only open to applicants who are able to prove genuine hardship, proof will be requested.
American Society for Nutrition affiliate
Current members of the American Society for Nutrition are eligible to apply for Full Membership as an ASN affiliate. N.B. Eligibility will be checked with the American Society of Nutrition.
The package includes online subscription to the Society's four journals: British Journal of Nutrition, Proceedings of the Nutrition Society, Public Health Nutrition and Nutrition Research Reviews, as well as member rates to attend Nutrition Society conferences and Training and Education events.
Latest Twitter feed
- New systematic review in JNS looks at the health benefits of almonds on cholesterol https://t.co/Dq2D05pxyJ @CUPAcademic
- RT @NutSoc_SC: The organising team & @NutritionSoc are v busy today putting together the programme information booklet for the conference!…
- RT @StirNutrOW: @NutSoc_SC coming soon. 8-9 September. Great line up of speakers and professional development opportunities @NutritionSoc
- RT @NutSoc_SC: Happy #Monday everyone!! Guess what...only 17 days to go until #ChesterStuCon2016! @NutritionSoc https://t.co/pJORb5ScIq #co…
- Expires midnight - early bird discounted fee. Book your Dietary Assessment Methods wkshop place - https://t.co/MlW0bdFLuM Don't miss out!