Please note: while the websites listed below are thought to be of use to nutritionists, no responsibility can be taken by the Nutrition Society for their content or validity.
Links to Government, NGO and Research Institute Sites
Association for Nutrition
From 1 March 2010 responsibility for the UK Voluntary Register of Nutritionists (UKVRN) was transferred from the Nutrition Society to the Association for Nutrition (AfN), the new professional body for the regulation and registration of nutritionists (including public health nutritionists, exercise nutritionists, and animal nutritionists).
British Nutrition Foundation
An excellent source of accurate nutrition information.
The Food Standards Agency
Evidence-based nutrition, food safety and labelling information.
World Cancer Research Fund
International alliance of organisations dedicated to the prevention and control of cancer through healthy diets and lifestyles.
- Aberdeen Centre for Energy Regulation and Obesity [ACERO]
- Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers
- The Northern Ireland Centre for Diet and Health (NICHE)
Department of Health
Public health, adult social care, and the NHS
Food and Drink Federation
The voice of the UK food and drink manufacturing industry. It helps members operate in an appropriately regulated marketplace to maximise their competitiveness; and communicates the industry's values and concerns to Government, regulators, consumers and the media.
News and services for the fresh fruit and vegetable business
"Scoring against poverty"- international humanitarian organisation working in developing countries to help the poor (includes emergency nutrition).
- International Food Information Service (IFIS)
- Institute of Food Science & Technology (IFST)
A specialist group of The British Dietetic Association. Provides a database of experienced registered dietitians who either provide expert dietary guidance to individuals privately or a wide range of nutrition services to organisations.
- Nutritionists in Industry group
- European Community Fifth Framework
- MRC Resource Centre for Human Nutrition Research
British Meat Nutrition Education Service (BMNES)
Nutrition resources for health professionals
Nutrition resources for health professionals
- Sugar Nutrition UK
Rowett Research Institute
"Improving food quality and preventing disease" - Includes education resources.
- MEDLINE free
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
The World of Food Science
An electronic food science magazine run jointly by IUFoST and its US Adhering Body, IFT.
- International Union of Food Science and Technology (IUFoST)
Healthy Eating Club
Monthly newsletters on healthy eating issues
International Chair on Cardiometabolic Risk
The Chair's primary objective is to help raise awareness of abdominal obesity and its associated metabolic complications as a new modifiable risk factor for cardiovascular disease (CVD)
- United Nations System Standing Committee on Nutrition (UNSCN)
Links to Nutrition 'Gateway' Sites
Sites of Learned Societies
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Formerly the American Dietetic Association
American Society for Nutrition
Features the Journal of Nutrition, American Journal of Clinical Nutrition and Advances in Nutrition
- Australasian Pig Science Association
- American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (ASPEN)
- British Association for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (BAPEN)
- ESPEN and the journal Clinical Nutrition
- British Society for Animal Science
- British Dietetic Association
Federation of European Nutrition Societies
Consists of 26 European Nutrition Societies with the aim of combining efforts for the development of research and education in Nutrition Sciences to promote the importance of nutrition for public health in Europe.
Formerly the North American Association for the Study of Obesity
- Association for the Study of Obesity (ASO)
- International Union of Nutritional Sciences (IUNS)
- The Royal Society of Medicine
- Société Française de Nutrition
Sport and Exercise Nutrition register (SENr)
A voluntary, competency based register for Sport and Exercise Nutritionists aimed at promoting sport and exercise nutrition through the development of professional standards and the assessment and registration of suitably qualified and experienced individuals.
Society of Biology
A unified voice for biology advising Government and influencing policy; advancing education and professional development; supporting our members, and engaging and encouraging public interest in the life sciences. The Society has been created by the unification of the Biosciences Federation and the Institute of Biology, and is building on the heritage and reputation of these two organisations to champion the study and development of biology, and provide expert guidance and opinion.
Society of Chemical Industry (SCI)
Features seven research journals including Journal of Science of Food and Agriculture
Latest Twitter feed
- Financial support available to nutrition scientists to attend conf @uochester in Sept. Apply by 1 Aug- https://t.co/UV4gv0QcbH @NutSoc_SC
- New research finds support for looking at dietary patterns in chronic disease rather than focus on single nutrients https://t.co/hGyAfntLec
- New research looks at the effects of vit D supp interventions on vulnerable elderly populations in New Zealand https://t.co/bcxESjgBAo
- Closing date for student bursary applications is 17:00 on 1st August https://t.co/jBLZkgz7pP
- New @PHE_uk advice on vit D advises supps in winter in the UK, based on SACN recommendations https://t.co/k7rdIpEI1H