Tate & Lyle is a global provider of ingredients and solutions to the food, beverage and other industries, operating from more than 30 locations around the world. Through large scale, efficient manufacturing plants, Tate & Lyle turns raw materials into distinctive, high quality ingredients. These ingredients and solutions add taste, texture, nutrition and increased functionality to products that millions of people around the world use or consume every day.
As a Principal Scientist, you will be a part of the Global Nutrition team responsible for the development and execution of the nutrition research portfolio (pre-clinical, clinical and observational research) to support existing ingredients and new product development. This role will lead the dissemination of nutrition science to various internal and external key stakeholder audiences in EMEA region.
Skills & Experience Required
- PhD in Nutrition or a related field
- Strong foundation in the food / food ingredients industry with experience in science communications and knowledge of the regulatory environment in Europe
- Strong experience designing and managing research projects and creating nutrition science based communications
- Preclinical and clinical study design, execution, and understanding of statistical analysis.
- Experience in engaging with NGO and health care professional organizations on nutrition science & policy issues
- Good knowledge of various fibres and carbohydrate nutrition will advantageous
- Passion and creativity for innovation in research & science communications
- Strong track record of communicating successfully with technical and non-technical audiences through first class interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to manage / prioritise multiple projects with complex scientific information requiring high attention to detail and intense deadlines
- Evidence of forging strong relationships with internal stakeholders, i.e. sales, product managers, marketing, regulatory, applications, etc.
- Evidence of forging strong relationships with external stakeholders i.e. customers / industry scientists, academic / institution / contract lab researchers, healthcare professionals / practitioners, etc.
- Able to travel up to 40% of the time
- Self-starter with an independent working style
- Proven ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Strong team player, collaborative / collegiate working style, and supportive of colleagues globally to meet team goals
Please note: This position is UK home based.
How to Apply
Please click the link for further information and to apply online.