Nutrition And Immune Function
- PC Calder
- CJ Field
- HS Gill
This book provides a review of the roles of specific nutrients in maintaining the immune response and host protection against infection. It also considers the influence of various factors, such as exercise and ageing, on the interaction between nutrition and immune function. The main emphasis is on humans, but comparative mammalian data are also presented.
The contents include methods for studying nutrient-immune function interactions, the impact of undernutriton on immune function and infection, the influences of fatty acids, amino acids, antioxidant vitamins, and various minerals on immunity, immunological effects of changes throughout the life cycle, and public health policy implications.
For further details visit the CABI Publishing website
Latest Twitter feed
- October's Paper of the Month considers sustainable diets as an answer to global challenges https://t.co/uafIyyhy6k
- RT @NS_CEO: Dame Anne Glover delivers a superb lecture calling on scientists to inform policy by communicating what they do #ifstlecture @N…
- Learn how to design a food policy with @KazT63 Helen Munday @innovateuk & Kate Halliwell @Foodanddrinkfed next Tues- https://t.co/U4PbendWq8
- RT @RoySocMed: What is the link between diet, nutrition & mental health & wellbeing? Find out 6 & 7 Dec @RoySocMed @NutritionSoc https://t.…
- Key conf on exploring the links between diet,nutrition & mental health on 6-7 Dec- https://t.co/kwHYq3Jutw Thank you for support @AnxietyUK