Nutrition And Immune Function
- PC Calder
- CJ Field
- HS Gill
This book provides a review of the roles of specific nutrients in maintaining the immune response and host protection against infection. It also considers the influence of various factors, such as exercise and ageing, on the interaction between nutrition and immune function. The main emphasis is on humans, but comparative mammalian data are also presented.
The contents include methods for studying nutrient-immune function interactions, the impact of undernutriton on immune function and infection, the influences of fatty acids, amino acids, antioxidant vitamins, and various minerals on immunity, immunological effects of changes throughout the life cycle, and public health policy implications.
For further details visit the CABI Publishing website
Latest Twitter feed
- New Paper of the Month investigates how to encourage college students to maintain a healthy habits https://t.co/7vTtRUAY74 @CUPAcademic
- New study investigates the nutritional quality of food purchased in convenience stores in USA https://t.co/6IZCVrsCWa @CUPAcademic
- RT @LeedsTrinity: One of our graduates was recently invited to present her findings at the @NutritionSoc conference. Read more below: https…
- Intro to Food Policy w/shop early bird deadline finishing - book today to save on your delegate fee https://t.co/U4PbemWlyA
- RT @Cass_Ellis1: Looking forward to hearing great range of speakers at tackling obesity conf #igobesity16 @NutritionSoc