International Union of Nutritional Sciences (IUNS) Travel Grant
The International Union of Nutritional Sciences (IUNS) is sponsoring travel to the 21st International Congress of Nutrition (IUNS-ICN) in Buenos Aires, Argentina, 15 - 20 October 2017. A limited number of travel grants are available for early career scientists (within 10 years of graduation). The maximum grant awarded will be £1500.
Find out more about the IUNS-ICN International Congress of Nutrition.
- Travel Grants are available to members to help pay for travel when actively participating in an event or conference e.g. they have been invited to speak at, or will be presenting an abstract (poster or oral communication).
- Applicants must have been members of the UK Nutrition Society for two consecutive years and must still be members when applying for the grant and when they are due to travel to the event. They must not have received a travel grant in the last three years. Those who have applied for travel grants previously, but were unsuccessful, may apply again.
- The decision to award a travel grant is discretionary.
- Applicants can only apply for one Travel Grant from either the UK Nutrition Society or the Nutrition Society Irish Section.
Deadline for applications: midnight on 30 June 2017.
1. Applications must be made using the 2017 application form.
2. Applications must be accompanied by:
- Proof of the applicant’s registration or acceptance to present/speak at the chosen event/conference.
- A personal statement of no more than 300 words which outlines how the applicant believes they will benefit from having attended the chosen conference or event and how they intend to spend the travel grant
3. Once the applicant has attended the conference/event, they will need to provide:
- A short (300 word max) account of the event and photographs if possible which can be used for a blog or newsletter feature.
- Receipts for travel, event registration, hotel, etc.