ANEC VIII Travel Fellowship
As part of the Nutrition Society’s efforts to support learned societies in the developing countries, the Nutrition Society ANEC Travel Fellowship 2018 Award supports deserving students or young scientists worldwide to enable them participate in the 8th Africa Nutrition Conference (ANEC VIII) in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia from 1 to 5 October 2018.
The Fellowship is open to university students or young scientists (who are UK or non-UK nationals) with an interest in nutrition who wish to participate in the largest continental scientific gathering on nutrition in Africa taking place between the 1 to 5 October 2018 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The award is given as a contribution towards travel costs including return air travel, accommodation and conference participation. In order to qualify for an Award, the applicant should have submitted an abstract for the conference which has been accepted either for an oral or a poster presentation. The selection for the award will also take into account equitable regional / country distribution of those who meet the criteria. Eight to ten awards will be presented and these will vary between £500 - 1200 depending on costs.
Deadline for applications: midnight on 24 August 2018. Apply online
This is a very competitive award and all applications including confirmation of conference registration, abstract acceptance (including copies of the abstracts accepted) and applicants’ CV will be assessed by an independent panel.
Terms and conditions for NS-ANEC Travel Fellowship Award Recipients
- The award is given based on the merit of each application including equity of regional distribution in the case of the number of applicants from the same country in Africa.
- Applicants do not need to be a member of the Nutrition Society (UK and Ireland) to apply.
- Applications must include a paragraph describing how receipt of the Award will benefit their participation in the ANEC conference.
- Recipients must provide proof of confirmation of travel arrangements before the funds can be released.
- Recipients must submit a brief report of their experience following the conference to the ANS which will present a report to be published in the Nutrition Society Gazette and/or online on the contribution of the travel fellowship to ANEC. The report should be brief but of a high standard and include and photographs as appropriate and should be submitted within four (4) weeks after the conference.
- Note that the Nutrition Society reserves the right to reclaim the award in full if the report is not provided.
If you have any queries, please contact us.