During this webinar, Dr Lucy Williamson will discuss how animal protein can play a key role in a plant-based diet, within the context of human health and environmental sustainability.
- Non-communicable diseases currently cost the National Health Service (NHS) £6 billion per year, which is expected to inflate to £10 Billion by 2050.
- Currently, 70% and 60% of men and women respectively are classed as overweight or obese, with a notable increase in intake of processed foods and refined sugars.
- To meet the food supply demand, Intensive farming systems are being used, which have a significant impact on the environment and subsequent climate change.
To feed the global population and protect the environment, healthy and sustainable food systems are required. To better understand the systems required, this webinar will cover:
- Current UK sustainable farming systems
- Key population micronutrient concerns which can be addressed by animal protein food sources
- Nutrient density of Dairy, Meat and Fish and their key roles within a balanced, plant-based diet.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
This webinar has been endorsed by the Association for Nutrition (AfN) (EN175).