This webinar provides an overview of Omega-3 fatty acids and health implications. During the 60 minutes Professor Philip Calder will provide an insight to:
- What are Omega-3s
- Dietary sources and intakes
- Metabolism, blood and tissue levels
- Responses of blood and tissues to increased intake from fish and supplements
- Influence on health outcomes: pregnancy; infancy (visual, cognitive); childhood; adult (cardiovascular risk- importance of prevention versus treatment; inflammatory disease' cognitive function)
- Current recommendations and allowed health claims
- Plants versus fish sources
Professor Calder will bring the webinar to a close with a summary of the topic and an opportunity to ask any questions.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
This webinar has been endorsed by the Association for Nutrition (AfN) (EN175).