This hot topic webinar will provide an overview of Omega-3 fatty acids and health implications. During the 60 minutes Professor Philip Calder will provide an insight to:
- What are Omega-3s
- Dietary sources and intakes
- Metabolism, blood and tissue levels
- Responses of blood and tissues to increased intake from fish and supplements
- Influence on health outcomes: pregnancy; infancy (visual, cognitive); childhood; adult (cardiovascular risk- importance of prevention versus treatment; inflammatory disease' cognitive function)
- Current recommendations and allowed health claims
- Plants versus fish sources
Professor Calder will bring the webinar to a close with a summary of the topic and an opportunity to ask any questions.
Attendees who participated in the webinar said:
"The speaker was extremely knowledgeable with great delivery and pace"
"Great topic of discussion, great webinar. Thank you!"
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
This webinar has been endorsed by the Association for Nutrition (AfN) (EN175).