3rd BSA Food Study Group Conference: FOOD & SOCIETY
The aim of the 3rd conference is to further examine the role of food in contemporary society. Using a sociological lens, the conference will both examine empirical questions raised by the relation of food to social and intergenerational inequalities and explore theoretical issues of food as an item of consumption, cultural symbol and commodity.
This conference will address the global economic retrenchment and ever-present environmental concerns which have critical implications for food systems and eating practices. How are individuals, communities and politicians responding to these crises? How are social scientists conceptualising and addressing these issues? What (more) is to be done?
Latest Twitter feed
- New study from @DublinCityUni finds lunches provided by schools & shop bought lunches are less healthy than homemade https://t.co/w7HocgL3pB
- RT @NutSoc_SC: There is still time left to register for @NutritionSoc Student Conference hosted by @uochester at @riversideinnov8 https://…
- @PHE_uk have released a new data set on adult & child dietary patterns in the UK https://t.co/uyAaRAfgdz
- New systematic review in JNS looks at the health benefits of almonds on cholesterol https://t.co/Dq2D05pxyJ @CUPAcademic
- RT @NutSoc_SC: The organising team & @NutritionSoc are v busy today putting together the programme information booklet for the conference!…