3rd BSA Food Study Group Conference: FOOD & SOCIETY
The aim of the 3rd conference is to further examine the role of food in contemporary society. Using a sociological lens, the conference will both examine empirical questions raised by the relation of food to social and intergenerational inequalities and explore theoretical issues of food as an item of consumption, cultural symbol and commodity.
This conference will address the global economic retrenchment and ever-present environmental concerns which have critical implications for food systems and eating practices. How are individuals, communities and politicians responding to these crises? How are social scientists conceptualising and addressing these issues? What (more) is to be done?
Latest Twitter feed
- New research investigates young adults response alternative reasons for soft drink price increase https://t.co/fZAqvCNrqs
- RT @KCLNutritionSoc: 👏 Congratulations to the new @NutritionSoc President, Professor Philip Calder 👏
- The Society is clarifying the scope of its journals- read this editorial from latest issue of PHN to find out more https://t.co/V2iLqxoHS8
- RT @NutSoc_SC: Remember you can view our whole programme here https://t.co/JRdeD2HqA5 our presentations cover all areas of nutrition
- New research from Prof Heather Patisaul in PNS reviews soya phyto-oestrogens and health https://t.co/FLKj7xELO5 #nsspring16