WHO Call for Experts for Child Obesity Guideline Development Group
The Department of Nutrition for Health and Development at The World Health Organisation is calling for expressions of interest from experts to be part of the Guideline Development Group for Management of overweight and obesity in children and adolescents.
The Guideline Development Group is envisioned to be a multidisciplinary group encompassing a range of technical knowledge, skills and experience, diverse perspectives, geographic representation and gender balance. WHO welcomes expressions of interest from:
- clinical nutritionists;
- specialists in endocrinology, paediatrics, internal medicine, bariatric surgery, pharmacology;
- mental health professionals (i.e. child psychology and child and adolescent psychiatrists)
- nurses and health professions working in obesity and overweight;
- behavioural scientists;
- end-users, such as policy-makers, programme managers and nutrition professionals;
- methodologists and experts in assessing evidence;
- economists and experts in economic modelling;
- individuals familiar with health systems and primary health care;
- ethicists and experts in equity, human rights and gender in public health.
If you are interested, send your curriculum vitae and a completed WHO Declaration of interest form (DOI) and the Confidentiality undertaking form to email@example.com by 28 July 2017
Image with thanks to Hazam Butt, reproduced under CC lisence.