2018 Summer Studentships announced
Following the success of the Summer Studentships since it's inception in 2016, the Nutrition Society is delighted to offer Summer studentships aimed at undergraduates interested in a career in nutritional science again for 2018.
The studentships provide undergraduates, registered on nutrition or related degree programmes, the opportunity to undertake a period of research in a University, research institute or industrial setting.
After receiving a higher number of applications, the judges have awarded the following students with funding to undertake research within their University during Summer 2018:
- Pinelopi Alexandrapoulou, University of Nottingham, BSc Nutrition
- Lara Barnett, University of Chichester, Sports and Exercise Science
- Cathrine Baungaard, Liverpool John Moores University, BSc Nutrition
- Lindsay Hodgson, Edge Hill University, BSc (Hons) Nutrition and Health
- Matthew Jaconelli, The University of Stirling, BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science
- Drusus Johnson-Bonson, University of Bath, MSci, Sport and Exercise Science
- Iman Khwaja, St Mary's University, BSc (Hons) Nutrition
- Dermot Liddy, Ulster University, Human Nutrition
- Danielle McCullagh, Ulster University Coleraine, BSc (Hons) Food and Nutrition
- Liam Scott Oliver, Sheffield Hallam University, BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science
- Claire Seall, University of Bedfordshire, BSc Health, Nutrition and Exercise
- Sebastien Shiva Chohan, St Mary's University, BSc (Hons) Nutrition
- Aaron Simpson, Leeds Beckett University, BSc Sport and Exercise Science
- Luke Solomi, University of Plymouth, BSc. (Hons) Nutrition, Exercise and Health,
- Alexandra Williams, University of Brighton, Biological Sciences
Congratulations to all!
Each student will present their findings at the Nutrition Futures conference (previously known as the Student Conference) in September 2018 in Newcastle. One student will be awarded as the overall winner of the Summer Studentships at the Society's annual reception in December.