The Nutrition Society Themes were set up to represent new and developing areas of nutritional science. Each Theme is led by a Theme Leader who acts as a direct link between the membership and the Science Committee. They liaise with, and represent the interests of, Nutrition Society members.
The Theme Leaders are responsible for:
- Designing and develop conferences relevant to members areas of interest
- Initiating ideas for conferences, workshops and other activities designed to promote and disseminate nutritional science
- Liaising with the membership and representing their interests
- Generating and procuring content for the forums, blogs and the Society's Gazette
- Facilitating, where possible, the responses to consultations (closed and public)
- Coordinating provision of expert opinion on Original Communications related to their Theme submitted for presentation at a Society conference
- Attending conferences and training sessions specific to their Theme.