The Nutrition Society Themes were set up to represent new and developing areas of nutritional science. Each Theme is led by a Theme Leader who acts as a direct link between the membership and the Science Committee. They liaise with, and represent the interests of, Nutrition Society members.
The Theme Leaders are responsible for:
- propose and develop scientific conferences relevant to members areas of interest,
- initiating ideas for conferences, workshops and other activities designed to promote and disseminate nutritional science,
- liaising with the membership and representing their interests,
- facilitating, where possible, the responses to consultations (closed and public),
- coordinating provision of expert opinion on abstracts related to their Theme submitted for presentation at a Society conference ,
- Attending conferences and training sessions specific to their Theme.