Structure of the Nutrition Society
The Nutrition Society is a registered charity (Number: 272071) and is governed by a board of Trustees (Honorary Officers). The Council of the Society is responsible for advising Honorary Officers on policy, external relations, governance, spending and income-generation.
Elected Honorary Officers are responsible for the business of the Society:
- Honorary Treasurer
- Honorary Secretary
- Honorary Programmes (Meetings) Secretary
- Honorary Publications Officer
- Honorary Scientific Officer
- Honorary Training and Education Officer
- Honorary Strategic Communications Officer
- Honorary Officer Without Portfolio
- Honorary President - Elect (for the 12 months prior to Presidency)
Three positions of Theme Leaders have been created to develop innovative outward-facing functions for the Society.
The Council of the Society comprises of:
- Honorary Officers
- Secretaries of the Scottish Regional Section and the Irish Regional Section
- Student Member of Council
- Member - Public Health
- Member - Policy
- Member - Medical
- Member - Industry
- Member - Animal Nutrition
- Member - Academic
- Ordinary Member x 2
Most of the Society's staff are based at our Headquarters in Hammersmith. The Nutrition Society employs nine people to manage its day to day activities.
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @NutSoc_SC: The organising team & @NutritionSoc are v busy today putting together the programme information booklet for the conference!…
- RT @StirNutrOW: @NutSoc_SC coming soon. 8-9 September. Great line up of speakers and professional development opportunities @NutritionSoc
- RT @NutSoc_SC: Happy #Monday everyone!! Guess what...only 17 days to go until #ChesterStuCon2016! @NutritionSoc https://t.co/pJORb5ScIq #co…
- Expires midnight - early bird discounted fee. Book your Dietary Assessment Methods wkshop place - https://t.co/MlW0bdFLuM Don't miss out!
- Career advice + opp to have your photo taken professionally for your online profile @NutSoc_SC @riversideinnov8 https://t.co/Pqm9egFx0t