Welcome to The Nutrition Society
The Nutrition Society was established in 1941 at the height of World War II 'to advance the scientific study of nutrition and its application to the maintenance of human and animal health'. Highly regarded by the scientific community, the Society has grown to be the largest learned society for nutrition in Europe.
Our membership is world-wide with members joining us from Africa, Asia, South and North America and Australia. Membership is open to those with an interest in the science of human or animal nutrition.
The Nutrition Society hosts a variety of scientific conferences to provide delegates with the latest in nutrition research, and provides a range of training workshops to support and develop those in the field.
There is an extensive list of ways to particpate in the Society, including submitting an abstract for the opportunity to present at our conferences and for the abstract to be published in one of our journals, Proceedings of the Nutrition Society; be recognised for your expertise in the field by being awarded one of our medals and lecture at one of our conferences; and particpate and influence others by being part of an organising committee or part of the student body.
Receive regular notifications of the Nutrition Society's activities by becoming a member and take advantage of our range of membership benefits including travel grants to support your travel to scientific meetings and conferences around the world.
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @TuftsNutrition: "It became obvious to me: Diet was the big factor influencing my patients' health" @Dmozaffarian via @NutritionSoc: ht…
- Early Bird for our Stats for Nutrition Research wkshop @sheffielduni ends today. See http://t.co/QUbwZ8BcKg pls RT http://t.co/tlKcT9PIqb
- RT @AnnaClareHall: Nutrition Society Stats workshop at the University of Sheffield. AfN Certified. https://t.co/ph4MyryaKG
- RT @PALSAccessto: PALS Accessto Forensic and Analytical Sciences is out! http://t.co/iLkTkhAt3l Stories via @CharterForSci @NutritionSoc
- RT @NutSocPGConf: One week left to submit your abstract for the @NutritionSoc Postgrad Conference! http://t.co/Vt53tuwT1D http://t.co/F6y5s…