Statistics for Nutrition Research
Statistics is the study of variability. This was the first lesson of the workshop on 4 March, at the sold out ‘Statistics for Nutrition Research’ workshop held at University of Westminster.
Dr Graham Horgan, Principal Consultant for Human Health & Nutrition, Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland (BioSS) began the day with an overview on the concept and importance of statistics in nutrition research. Practical computer sessions followed on SPSS (Statistical Package for the Social Science) for the remainder of the workshop. Using results from real research, delegates were shown the how to enter, manipulate and analyse data. At the end, delegates told us that the course was a great refresher for those looking to improve their understanding of the application of statistics to nutrition research.
Delegate comments include:
"Programme/content, use of SP55, everything covered in one day is really useful"
"Topics covered were set at the right level for those with a basic understanding of statistics. Course went at a good pace."
The workshop received Association for Nutrition (AfN) CPD endorsement.
Next Statistics for Nutrition Research' course will be held on 4 September 2015 at University of Sheffield. To find out more, click here.
If you have any queries or would like to find out more about our future workshops, please contact Hajnal Zdravics, Training & Education Manager.
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @Foodanddrinkfed: FDF's Kate Halliwell named Nutrition Society Council Member http://t.co/kh36OdkNuU @NutritionSoc
- Do you need help with the next stages of your career? Attend our Postgrad Conf & be inspired - http://t.co/ceyQJhkusd @AFN_UK_ pls RT
- RT @Cass_Ellis1: Story of interest: 73,000 new food and drink jobs in England and Wales http://t.co/kp7Ba1YfZV via @FoodManufacture
- RT @Cass_Ellis1: Story of interest: Eco-Friendly Start-Up Sells Ugly Fruits and Veggies - D-brief http://t.co/VSvqJiS8bE
- RT @foodgov: What are your thoughts on the new proposals for #RareBurgers? Would you eat one? http://t.co/jOZhRzFWn5 #BurgerDay http://t.co…