Dietary Assessment Methods workshop
26 March 2015
Edge Hill University, Ormskirk, Lancashire
The workshop brings together current knowledge and practice on dietary assessment methods, with a particular focus on choosing correct assessment techniques for optimising dietary intake data measurement. The practical, guided session enables delegates to trial computational analysis of dietary data parallel to one-to-one drop-in discussions with experts in the field.
REGISTER to attend.
How will you benefit from attending the workshop?
- Dr Kathryn Hart – University of Surrey
- Dr Margo Barker – University of Sheffield
- Dr Emma Foster – Newcastle University
Aims and objectives:
- Select appropriate dietary assessment methods to address research aims
- Understand how to minimise data collection error whilst estimating portion sizes
- Understand limitations about food composition databases
- Learn about new approaches in dietary assessment methods
- Familiarise themselves with energy adjustment in nutrition surveys
- Appreciate the application of dietary pattern methodology in nutrition surveys
Who should attend the workshop?
The workshop is open for all with a Bsc level of knowledge in dietary assessment methods.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits
This event has received Association for Nutrition (AfN) CPD Endorsement.
Accurate reporting of food intake can be challenging and there are many factors that contribute, not least, the method by which the intake is recorded. In this free to access article, published in Proceedings of the Nutrition Society, Phyllis Stumbo from the University of Iowa explains the history of dietary assessment and reviews digital methods in improving food record accuracy.
How to register and registration fees
Registration is now open.
If you have any queries or for further information, please contact Hajnal Zdravics, Training & Education Manager.
The Nutrition Society reserves the right to cancel the workshop.
Latest Twitter feed
- Looking forward to seeing delegates at our Statistics for Nutrition Research workshop tomorrow @UniWestminster @AfN_UK_
- RT @NutritionAB: I really enjoyed chairing the NII meeting today. Many thanks to @NutritionSocRob @NutritionSoc for an excellent presentati…
- RT @NutritionSocRob: Great presentation to NII members by Katherine Livingstone PhD from @StudentsNCL on Food4me personalised nutrition stu…
- RT @NutritionSocRob: At Nutritionists In Industry meeting @Nestle in Gatwick. Fascinating talk by @Foodanddrinkfed on horizon scanning for …
- RT @WardyMw: Great buzz at @UlsterUniLHS UCAS applicants open day for Food Nutrition @NutritionSoc and Dietetics @BrDieteticAssoc http://t.…