THE NUTRITION SOCIETY ANNUAL SUMMER MEETING
Nutrition and healthy ageing
15–18 JULY 2013
NEWCASTLE UNIVERSITY, UK
The meeting has been designed to reflect a wide range of themes in nutrition and ageing.
Four main symposia will focus on:
- Biology of ageing
- Epidemiology of human ageing
- Nutritional modulation of the ageing trajectory
- Public health interventions to enhance healthy ageing
The event aims to:
- Promote the further understanding of nutritional science and its relationship with different diseases/health outcomes, for example diabetes
- Stimulate discussion around key aspects governing the links between nutrition research, dietetic practice and government policy
- Encourage debate and discussion around key original communications (OC) abstracts in the area of nutritional science which are presented in oral or poster format
- Strengthen the individual’s core understanding of the newer approaches in diet and lifestyle assessment
- Raise awareness of the links between diet and ageing
- Examine novel approaches in intervention study design and the potential for personalised nutrition
Attendees will be able to:
- Provide a current perspective on knowledge relating diet to diabetes risk and treatment
- Define clearly new methodologies for assessing the diet and lifestyles of individuals and populations that can potentially be used in the clinical setting
- Demonstrate a wider understanding of a range of new concepts in nutritional science including intervention study design and personalised nutrition
- Recognise dietary strategies for the promotion of healthy ageing at the individual and population level
- Demonstrate a greater understanding of the key nutritional research challenges in the 21st century and how these can be responded to in the clinical and community setting
The programme will also include Plenary Lectures, Original Communications, as well as the Postgraduate Symposium, the Silver Medal Lecture, a student careers session, a Training & Education workshop and a vibrant evening programme.
To view the programme, register for this event, submit an Original Communication or enquire about sponsorship opportunities, please see the menu on the left hand side.
This meeting is endorsed for CPD by the Association for Nutrition and the BDA.
Latest Twitter feed
- @sarcopenia interviews Prof Roger Fielding http://t.co/PSpCsXNivO keynote speaker on #nutrition #ageing at http://t.co/dlcLYO1feo @RoySocMed
- One week to go for early bird discount on our Winter Conference on #nutrition & #ageing http://t.co/dlcLYO1feo @RoySocMed @ThePhySoc pls RT
- RT @NutritionSocRob: Story of interest: BBC2 weighs up personalised dieting | News | Broadcast: http://t.co/8zPhZcSShg
- RT @NutritionSocRob: Story of interest: Why the UK's official healthy food guide needs changing after 20 years http://t.co/YuUIIlLA7S
- RT @NutritionSocRob: Story of interest: Researchers urge retailers to replace kids’ ‘eye level’ junk food http://t.co/AfXgGJ6hvz via @FoodN…
Training & Education: View