Statistics for Nutrition Research
Date: 4 September 2015
Venue: Room 39A, Hicks Building, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
This one day Nutrition Society course will cover experimental design, sample size and power calculations; plus more advanced techniques such as modelling outcomes, ANOVA model selection and linear regression including mixed models.
REGISTRATION OPEN: click here to book
Course fee includes provision of lunch, refreshments, training materials and computers running SPSS software
Delegates will be able to gain a better understanding of:
- Definition and use of statistical concepts
- Differences between accuracy & precision
- Basic concepts of modeling outcomes
- The linear model when there are multiple explanatory variables (ANOVA, multiple comparisons and regression analysis)
- Sample size and power calculations including handling missing data
- Planning a study & experiment
- Effectively present and share data using reported methods
- Clearly define variables
- Making informed decisions in the design and analysis of research
The full course programme can be viewed here.
This course has received Association for Nutrition (AfN) CPD Endorsement.
Dr Graham Horgan, Principal Consultant for Human Health and Nutrition at Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland (BioSS), Aberdeen. Read Dr Horgan's biography here.
Who should attend?
PhD students, postdocs and researchers with prior knowledge of statistics and research methods e.g. at undergraduate level.
How to register
Registration fees and how to register are available here.
If you have any queries or for further information, please contact Hajnal Zdravics, Training & Education Manager.
The Nutrition Society reserves the right to cancel the workshop.
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @WheelerSimon: @Jessica_Raneri There are some ongoing initiatives in this area: @NutritionSoc is currently helping to build http://t.co/…
- RT @Foodanddrinkfed: FDF's Kate Halliwell named Nutrition Society Council Member http://t.co/kh36OdkNuU @NutritionSoc
- Do you need help with the next stages of your career? Attend our Postgrad Conf & be inspired - http://t.co/ceyQJhkusd @AFN_UK_ pls RT
- RT @Cass_Ellis1: Story of interest: 73,000 new food and drink jobs in England and Wales http://t.co/kp7Ba1YfZV via @FoodManufacture
- RT @Cass_Ellis1: Story of interest: Eco-Friendly Start-Up Sells Ugly Fruits and Veggies - D-brief http://t.co/VSvqJiS8bE