British Journal of Nutrition
British Journal of Nutrition is a leading international, peer-reviewed journal of nutritional science. Established by the Nutrition Society in 1947, it has an international Editorial Board with a central Editorial Office in London.
BJN encompasses the full spectrum of nutritional science – epidemiology, dietary surveys, nutritional requirements and behaviour, metabolic studies, body composition, energetics, appetite, obesity, ageing, endocrinology, immunology, neuroscience, microbiology, genetics and molecular and cell biology. Submissions addressing the new frontiers of the subject, including the rapidly emerging area of nutritional genomics, are especially encouraged.
IMPACT FACTOR (2013):
3.342 (Nutrition and Dietetics 21/78)
Dr Graham C. Burdge
Institute of Human Nutrition, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
- Online manuscript submission and reviewing
- No submission or page charges
- Authors retain the full copyright of their material
- Provision of colour figures
- Authors receive free reprints and a PDF file of their article
BJN publishes original papers, technical notes, review articles and commentaries on human and animal nutrition and on basic sciences as applied to nutritional problems.
Debate on key issues is encouraged through 'Letters to the Editor' and the 'Nutrition Discussion Forum'. A recent innovation is the 'Horizons in Nutritional Science' series, highlighting significant recent key developments in nutrition.
The journal also publishes book reviews and Supplements on selective topics of particular interest.
The BJN is published twice monthly, in two volumes a year. New articles are published online ahead of print. Throughout over 60 years of existence, the journal has presented many influential and highly cited studies in nutritional science.
The BJN has an international authorship and a worldwide readership. Free online access is available to all after 1 year; the complete archive of the journal, back to volume 1 1947, is now online.
This journal is a member of and subscribes to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics.
For any enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @AfN_UK_: Courier is all booked ready to collect stand ready for @NutritionSoc conference next week. If your there swing by and say hi t…
- RT @PALSAccessto: PALS Accessto Forensic and Analytical Sciences is out! http://t.co/x3PPqqwSDz Stories via @NutritionSoc
- Looking forward to hearing Dr Dariush Mozaffarian from @TuftsNutrition deliver the Rank Lecture at our conf next week http://t.co/b4YIDVkiue
- Discount membership offer: save 50% on your membership subscription. Find out more - http://t.co/umgZxIbyI7 @AFN_UK_ @Society_Biology pls RT
- Congrats to all who were awarded best OC presentations at the Nutrition at Key Life Stages conf. Read http://t.co/TtQrDc4ThI #NSISCork15