British Journal of Nutrition
British Journal of Nutrition is a leading international, peer-reviewed journal of nutritional science. Established by the Nutrition Society in 1947, it has an international Editorial Board with a central Editorial Office in London.
BJN encompasses the full spectrum of nutritional science – epidemiology, dietary surveys, nutritional requirements and behaviour, metabolic studies, body composition, energetics, appetite, obesity, ageing, endocrinology, immunology, neuroscience, microbiology, genetics and molecular and cell biology. Submissions addressing the new frontiers of the subject, including the rapidly emerging area of nutritional genomics, are especially encouraged.
IMPACT FACTOR (2012):
3.302, 18/76 in Nutrition & Dietetics (10% increase on 2011)
Dr Graham C. Burdge
Institute of Human Nutrition, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
- Online manuscript submission and reviewing
- No submission or page charges
- Authors retain the full copyright of their material
- Provision of colour figures
- Authors receive free reprints and a PDF file of their article
BJN publishes original papers, technical notes, review articles and commentaries on human and animal nutrition and on basic sciences as applied to nutritional problems.
Debate on key issues is encouraged through 'Letters to the Editor' and the 'Nutrition Discussion Forum'. A recent innovation is the 'Horizons in Nutritional Science' series, highlighting significant recent key developments in nutrition.
The journal also publishes book reviews and Supplements on selective topics of particular interest.
The BJN is published twice monthly, in two volumes a year. New articles are published online ahead of print. Throughout over 60 years of existence, the journal has presented many influential and highly cited studies in nutritional science.
The BJN has an international authorship and a worldwide readership. Free online access is available to all after 1 year; the complete archive of the journal, back to volume 1 1947, is now online.
This journal is a member of and subscribes to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics.
For any enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest Twitter feed
- Book by 7 Nov to get up to £70 off attending our Winter Conf on #nutrition, #ageing and muscle loss @RoySocMed http://t.co/Y2HidtVMpw
- @pennutrition and qualified nutritionists too
- RT @TheDairyCouncil: Free ‘Diet & Sustainability’ conference in London on Tues 28th. Limited availability. Details: http://t.co/BBxc23wsS8 …
- RT @An_Apple_A_Day_: @NutritionSoc catching up with the latest in my British Nutrition Journal and a cup of tea #interesting #Nutrition #sc…
- RT @NutritionSocRob: Story of interest: Getting a nutrition goal is great, but we need a more ambitious target http://t.co/BkqHukOmZN via @…