Nutrition Society Journals
For more information on each journal please click on the cover image below.
The Nutrition Society's ‘Paper of the month’ is a monthly feature, whereby a recently accepted paper from a Society journal, published on Cambridge Journals Online is made freely available for a limited period. Each paper is accompanied by a blog from the author and comments and discussion are welcome.
Journal of Nutritional Science (JNS)
Journal of Nutritional Science (JNS) is an international, peer-reviewed, online only, open access journal that welcomes high-quality research articles in all aspects of nutrition. The underlying aim of all work should be, as far as possible, to develop nutritional concepts. JNS encompasses the full spectrum of nutritional science including public health nutrition, epidemiology, dietary surveys, nutritional requirements, metabolic studies, body composition, energetics, appetite, obesity, ageing, endocrinology, immunology, neuroscience, microbiology, genetics and molecular and cell biology.
British Journal of Nutrition
The BJN is now published twice monthly, in two volumes a year. New articles are published online ahead of print. Throughout over 60 years of existence, the journal has presented many influential and highly cited studies in nutritional science; it currently (2014) has an impact factor of 3.453 (Nutrition and Dietetics 18/77) 5-year IF: 3.572.
Proceedings Of The Nutrition Society
This journal now appears as 5 issues per year. Symposium papers are published in February, May, August and November and are available as hard copy or electronically; Original Communications from individual meetings are published electronically only and comprise an OCE issue. Current (2014) impact factor: 5.273 (Nutrition and Dietetics 5/77) 5-year IF: 4.321.
Public Health Nutrition
Public Health Nutrition focuses on the promotion of good health through nutrition and the primary prevention of nutrition related illness in the population. This international journal is essential reading for all specialists involved with nutritional epidemiological research, the role of nutrition in public health, and the identification of practical solutions to public health problems. Current (2014) impact factor (IF): 2.679 (Nutrition and Dietetics 31/77, Public, Environmental & Occupational Health 41/162. 5-year IF: 3.097.
Nutrition Research Reviews
This journal which appears in two issues per year, keeps readers up-to-date with concise, thoughtful reviews of key topics on all aspects of nutrition science. Authors are encouraged to take a critical approach in appraising the literature and to advance new concepts and hypotheses. Current (2014) impact factor: 3.912 (Nutrition and Dietetics 12/77) 5-year IF: 6.374.
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @RoySocMed: Roles of sleep & circadian rhythms in the origin & nutritional management of obesity @NutritionSoc #rolesofsleep15 http://t.…
- NS President Prof Geissler welcomes new Trustee & Council members to first meeting to discuss 2015-2016 work plans. http://t.co/qCSQA5Kmd6
- RT @TheDairyCouncil: The Dairy Council Sports Nutrition Award in collaboration with @SENregister Details: http://t.co/bIputFk7sT http://t.c…
- RT @glenysjones: Great to hear @BBCNaga mention nutribabbles negative impact. Registered Nutritionists + Dietitians can help media understa…
- @z_Xavier_r Sorry Zac, we are unable to share training material. Next Dietary Ass w/shop Sept 16, look here for info http://t.co/EZ7sgceA1D