Nutrition Society Journals
For more information on each journal please click on the cover image below.
The Nutrition Society's ‘Paper of the month’ is a monthly feature, whereby a recently accepted paper from a Society journal, published on Cambridge Journals Online is made freely available for a limited period. Each paper is accompanied by a blog from the author and comments and discussion are welcome.
Journal of Nutritional Science (JNS)
Journal of Nutritional Science (JNS) is an international, peer-reviewed, online only, open access journal that welcomes high-quality research articles in all aspects of nutrition. The underlying aim of all work should be, as far as possible, to develop nutritional concepts. JNS encompasses the full spectrum of nutritional science including public health nutrition, epidemiology, dietary surveys, nutritional requirements, metabolic studies, body composition, energetics, appetite, obesity, ageing, endocrinology, immunology, neuroscience, microbiology, genetics and molecular and cell biology.
British Journal of Nutrition
The BJN is now published twice monthly, in two volumes a year. New articles are published online ahead of print. Throughout over 60 years of existence, the journal has presented many influential and highly cited studies in nutritional science; it currently ( 2013 ) has an impact factor of 3.342 (Nutrition and Dietetics 21/78).
Proceedings Of The Nutrition Society
This journal now appears as 5 issues per year. Symposium papers are published in February, May, August and November and are available as hard copy or electronically; Original Communications from individual meetings are published electronically only and comprise an OCE issue. Current ( 2013 ) impact factor: 4.937 (Nutrition and Dietetics 7/78)
Public Health Nutrition
Public Health Nutrition focuses on the promotion of good health through nutrition and the primary prevention of nutrition related illness in the population. This international journal is essential reading for all specialists involved with nutritional epidemiological research, the role of nutrition in public health, and the identification of practical solutions to public health problems. Current ( 2013 ) impact factor: 2.483 (Nutrition and Dietetics 38/78, Public, Environmental & Occupational Health 45/160)
Nutrition Research Reviews
This journal which appears in two issues per year, keeps readers up-to-date with concise, thoughtful reviews of key topics on all aspects of nutrition science. Authors are encouraged to take a critical approach in appraising the literature and to advance new concepts and hypotheses. Current ( 2013 ) impact factor: 3.861 (Nutrition and Dietetics 16/78)
Latest Twitter feed
- New paper of the Month: Vitamin E recommendations may be too high for Cystic Fibrosis patients, says new research, http://t.co/BLH0YEn45H
- Would you like to win an ipad? And are an NS member? Complete our survey by 17 July & have your say (survey was sent via email on 24 June)
- Are you coming to our Conference next week? Look forward to meeting you at welcome networking drinks 6.15pm Mon 6 Jul http://t.co/KLWF2jeAW3
- RT @AfN_UK_: Courier is all booked ready to collect stand ready for @NutritionSoc conference next week. If your there swing by and say hi t…
- RT @PALSAccessto: PALS Accessto Forensic and Analytical Sciences is out! http://t.co/x3PPqqwSDz Stories via @NutritionSoc