Public Health Nutrition
Public Health Nutrition focuses on the promotion of good health through nutrition and the primary prevention of nutrition related illness in the population. This international journal is essential reading for all specialists involved with nutritional epidemiological research, the role of nutrition in public health, and the identification of practical solutions to public health problems. It has an international perspective. The journal provides a forum for the cross-linkage of ideas relevant to the solution of nutrition related health problems. It welcomes original research papers, topical review articles, editorials, invited commentaries, Letters to the Editor, book reviews, and announcements.
IMPACT FACTOR (2012):
2.250, 34/76 in Nutrition & Dietetics (4% increase on 2011)
Dr Marilyn Tseng
California Polytechnic State University, USA
All papers are peer reviewed.
The editors are always happy to receive ideas for special issues or to be contacted prior to formal submission of papers to discuss the potential suitability of papers.
We expect authors to declare any conflicting interests and the source of funding for their research.
Authors retain copyright of their own material.
Public Health Nutrition is essential reading for:
- Nutritionists and dietitians involved in nutritional epidemiology research, primary prevention, public health, and health promotion
- Epidemiologists and health promotion specialists interested in the role of nutrition in disease prevention
- Academics and those involved in fieldwork and the application of research to identify practical solutions to important public health problems
TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE:
- Nutritional epidemiology - studies relating nutrition to health or disease risk
- Nutrition related health promotion
- Evaluation of effectiveness of intervention studies aimed at improving health
- Role of nutrition in high risk and vulnerable groups
- Development of research methods, validation of measures, calibration
- Population based research related to primary prevention of illness
Public Health Nutrition will publish special issues and supplementary issues. These focus on topics of major interest. Articles published more than two years ago are freely available online.
ABSTRACTING / INDEXING
Public Health Nutrition is covered by CAB ABSTRACTS®, Index Medicus® (MEDLINE®), EMBASE/Excerpta Medica, BIOSIS® Database and CINAHL® Database
This journal is a member of and subscribes to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with queries.
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @Greenpeace: 8 stories from around the world about how a diverse diet can address nutrition problems. http://t.co/PvqL8GsnRq http://t.co…
- RT @ThousandDays: "It's time for a data revolution in Nutrition" via Shawn Baker @gatesfoundation #nutritionreport #WFD2014 http://t.co/76X…
- RT @mnt_nutrition: Rising energy drink consumption may pose a threat to public health, says WHO: http://t.co/UFTG0THzOE http://t.co/5RkeDmu…
- RT @CambridgeJnls: Sugar-sweetened beverages, not so sweet for your heart! #nutrition http://t.co/iL0ObWjH7W
- RT @ACF_UK: RT if you agree: All children deserve the best start in life with good nutrition so they can fulfil their potential #IndiaCycle…