As a result of a restructure of the Programmes and Scientific Development Committee into one Science Committee, a review of the Themes - set up to represent new and developing areas relating to nutrition science – was carried out and a reduction from nine to three Themes agreed. The new Theme Leaders will act as a direct link between the membership and the Science Committee. They will liaise with and represent the interests of Nutrition Society members.
The three Themes and Theme Leaders are:
- Cellular and Molecular Nutrition – Dr Bernard Corfe
- Public Health Nutrition – Dr Ailsa Welch
- Whole Body Metabolism – Professor Bruce Griffin
Responsibilities of the Theme Leaders:
- Design and develop short meetings relevant to members areas of interest
- Initiate ideas for meetings, workshops and other activities designed to promote and disseminate nutritional science
- Liaise with the membership and represent their interests
- Generate and provide web content for the forums, blogs and Theme pages on the Society's website
- Facilitate where possible the responses to consultations (closed and public) and write articles for the Society's Gazette
- Coordinate provision of expert opinion on Original Communications related to a Theme submitted for presentation at a meeting of the Society
- Chair or provide a deputy for Original Communication sessions related to a Theme at a meeting of the Society as required
- Attends conferences and training sessions where appropriate
Please email the Communications & Marketing Manager with queries about any of the above Themes.
Latest Twitter feed