The Nutrition Society has over 700 student members, which constitutes over a fifth of the total membership.
If you are studying a course in nutrition, you can qualify for student membership at a reduced rate of just £20 per year. For further information please see the 'Fees' section of the website.
WHY BECOME A MEMBER?
- Exclusive membership to The Nutrition Society Facebook Group for student and graduate members. Share your experiences, ask questions and participate in discussions
- Free online access of the Proceedings of the Nutrition Society and reduced subscription fees to the other Society journals to keep you up-to-date with cutting edge research in nutrition
- Free copies of the Society’s Gazette newsletter with information on the Society, nutrition news, and listings of upcoming Society meetings
- Enhance your CV and show your commitment to nutrition to future employers
- Present Original Communications (short oral or poster presentations of your original research) at the Society’s conferences and be published in the Proceedings of the Nutrition Society
- Stand as Student Representative on the Society’s council and work with the Student Body to represent the views of student members
- Reduced booking fees to attend scientific conferences organised by the Society which provide great opportunities to network with nutrition professionals, future employers and other students
- Careers events specifically held for nutrition students
- Sponsored student bursaries for presenting Original Communications
- Eligibility to apply for travel grants to attend the Society’s scientific meetings and other meetings worldwide
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @NutritionSocRob: Story of interest: More Evidence That Gut Microbes Exacerbate Severe Childhood Malnutrition http://t.co/JhzwLsEwsi via…
- RT @AfN_UK_: News article: UK sugar industry sales drop by 14% http://t.co/Xo404cpm0j via @FoodNavigator
- RT @AfN_UK_: PHN Paper: Trayless cafeterias lead 65.2% less diners taking salad but no change in how many took dessert http://t.co/4jFEkGX8…
- RT @wcrfint: @NutritionSoc We urge President of European Commission to save EU School Fruit Scheme: http://t.co/L9gH3GLzIj … http://t.co/yl…
- Last few places: Learn about impact of #nutrition, #diet on gene regulation and metabolic disease, 25-26 Mar Aberdeen http://t.co/ZtEqqlEsSp