The Nutrition Society has student members, which constitutes over a fifth of the total membership.
If you are studying a course in nutrition, you can qualify for student membership at a SPECIAL 50% OFF OFFER until December 2015. Discounted subscription fees and discount code to use when purchasing membership and further information is noted in the 'Fees' section of the website.
WHY BECOME A MEMBER?
- Exclusive membership to The Nutrition Society Facebook Group for student and graduate members. Share your experiences, ask questions and participate in discussions
- Free online access of the Proceedings of the Nutrition Society and reduced subscription fees to the other Society journals to keep you up-to-date with cutting edge research in nutrition
- Free copies of the Society’s Gazette newsletter with information on the Society, nutrition news, and listings of upcoming Society meetings
- Enhance your CV and show your commitment to nutrition to future employers
- Present Original Communications (short oral or poster presentations of your original research) at the Society’s conferences and be published in the Proceedings of the Nutrition Society
- Stand as Student Representative on the Society’s council and work with the Student Body to represent the views of student members
- Reduced booking fees to attend scientific conferences organised by the Society which provide great opportunities to network with nutrition professionals, future employers and other students
- Careers events specifically held for nutrition students
- Sponsored student bursaries for presenting Original Communications
- Eligibility to apply for travel grants to attend the Society’s scientific meetings and other meetings worldwide
Latest Twitter feed
- NEW wkshop on how to use experimental data using databases of chemical ontologies & four enzyme portals @emblebi https://t.co/inDteWxxLq
- New paper of the month on vitamin D levels & main food sources in Finnish school age children https://t.co/GkPxG9xK0r
- New research finds parents & teachers less aware of importance of diet on brain dev. compared to physical dev. https://t.co/OhAhCgSlkN
- New virtual issue on vit D available with special editorial by textbook EiC, Sue Lanham-New @UniOfSurrey @NBU_Editor https://t.co/N2oWu7tO5a
- This could be a great opportunity for our African members, but hurry, closes on 7 Feb 2016 https://t.co/U981fFfa2T