The Scottish Section of Nutrition Society has a mailing list of over 300 members and "exists to arrange research meetings easily accessible to Scottish members and to provide a forum for nutrition education and research in Scotland."
Elections for Scottish Section Committee
Once a year the elections for our committees takes place. The elections consist of nominating new NS Scottish Section members and/or a Secretary into the committee. A benefit of being an NS member allows you the opportunity to nominate and vote for other NS members to be a committee member or Secretary of the committee.
Nominating an NS member to be a Scottish Section committee member for 2015 has now closed. Thank you for all of the nominations. We will announce the new members of the Scottish Section Committee in due course.
Scottish Section Secretary
Scottish Agriculture College, Edinburgh
Scottish Section Committee
- Dr Emilie Combet, University of Glasgow
- Dr Shauna Cunningham, The Robert Gordon University
- Professor Isobel Davidson, Queen Margaret University
- Dr Sandra Drummond, Queen Margaret University
- Dr Wilma Leslie, University of Glasgow
- Dr Gordon McDougall, James Hutton Institute
- Miss Susana Palma, University of Glasgow (student rep)
- Dr Frank Thies, University of Aberdeen
- Miss Sophie Wardle, University of Sterling (student rep)
- Professor Lynda Williams, Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health
The Scottish Section runs one conference each year, which is usually held in March/April.
For 2015 we are hosting our annual conference titled 'Diet, gene regulation and metabolic disease conference' on 25 - 26 March at Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, Scotland. Visit the conference webpage for further information.
Latest Twitter feed
- Refresh your nutrition stats knowledge at our wkshop. Early bird expires 3 Aug - http://t.co/QUbwZ8BcKg @sheffielduni @sheffhallamuni pls RT
- RT @ChemistDirect: @DrCarrieRuxton @NutritionSoc Thanks for sharing Dr Ruxton;understanding meal patterns is crucial &we all need to be edu…
- We are pleased Dr Graham Horgan will host 4 Sept workshop. Book to refresh stats knowledge - http://t.co/QUbwZ8BcKg. @BioSScotland pls RT
- Are you a nutrition postgrad student? Would like career support & present your research? Visit - http://t.co/h1eMfNuNm3 @NutSocPGConf
- RT @wwaterlander: @nzherald See our full paper on #ultraprocessed foods in #NZ supermarkets here: http://t.co/aTsiOPH6ev Published in @Nutr…