The Scottish Section of Nutrition Society has a mailing list of over 300 members and "exists to arrange research meetings easily accessible to Scottish members and to provide a forum for nutrition education and research in Scotland."
Elections for Scottish Section Committee
Once a year the elections for our committees takes place. The elections consist of nominating new NS Scottish Section members and/or a Secretary into the committee. A benefit of being an NS member allows you the opportunity to nominate and vote for other NS members to be a committee member or Secretary of the committee.
Nominating an NS member to be a Scottish Section committee member for 2015 has now closed. Thank you for all of the nominations. We will announce the new members of the Scottish Section Committee in due course.
Scottish Section Secretary
Scottish Agriculture College, Edinburgh
Scottish Section Committee
- Dr Emilie Combet, University of Glasgow
- Dr Shauna Cunningham, The Robert Gordon University
- Professor Isobel Davidson, Queen Margaret University
- Dr Sandra Drummond, Queen Margaret University
- Dr Wilma Leslie, University of Glasgow
- Dr Gordon McDougall, James Hutton Institute
- Miss Susana Palma, University of Glasgow (student rep)
- Dr Frank Thies, University of Aberdeen
- Miss Sophie Wardle, University of Sterling (student rep)
- Professor Lynda Williams, Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health
The Scottish Section runs one conference each year, which is usually held in March/April.
For 2015 we are hosting our annual conference titled 'Diet, gene regulation and metabolic disease conference' on 25 - 26 March at Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, Scotland. Visit the conference webpage for further information.
Latest Twitter feed
- 2015 NS awards. Only 2 days left to apply for Silver & Public Health Nutrition medal! http://t.co/aITSAnNdJz Plz RT @CNmagazines @AFN_UK_
- RT @glenysjones: Yet another study showing huge proportion of parents rarely spot child obesity in own children http://t.co/5tHZxPdvQJ @ucl…
- RT @eNut_Academy: Want to view the pilot go to http://t.co/4brGl4aSMV & drop us a email or a tweet to receive a trial access code @nutritio…
- RT @eNut_Academy: @nutritionorg @ns_ceo @nutritionorg @nutritionsoc this for ur support with the eNA! Couldn't have done it without U ASN!
- RT @NS_CEO: Dr Paul Amuna, Dr Francis Zotor, and me. Very successful promotion of @eNut_Academy @nutritionorg @NutritionSoc http://t.co/sDb…