The Scottish Section of Nutrition Society has a mailing list of over 300 members and "exists to arrange research meetings easily accessible to Scottish members and to provide a forum for nutrition education and research in Scotland."
Elections for Scottish Section Committee
Once a year the elections for our committees takes place. The elections consist of nominating new NS Scottish Section members and/or a Secretary into the committee. A benefit of being an NS member allows you the opportunity to nominate and vote for other NS members to be a committee member or Secretary of the committee.
We would like you to particpate by nominating an NS member to be a Scottish Section committee member. For 2015, we have two committee member spaces available. The elections will take place at our Diet, gene regulation and metabolic disease conference on Thursday 26 March in Aberdeen.
Scottish Section Secretary
Scottish Agriculture College, Edinburgh
Scottish Section Committee
- Dr Emilie Combet, University of Glasgow
- Dr Shauna Cunningham, The Robert Gordon University
- Professor Isobel Davidson, Queen Margaret University
- Dr Sandra Drummond, Queen Margaret University
- Dr Wilma Leslie, University of Glasgow
- Dr Gordon McDougall, James Hutton Institute
- Miss Susana Palma, University of Glasgow (student rep)
- Dr Frank Thies, University of Aberdeen
- Miss Sophie Wardle, University of Sterling (student rep)
- Professor Lynda Williams, Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health
The Scottish Section runs one conference each year, which is usually held in March/April.
For 2015 we are hosting our annual conference titled 'Diet, gene regulation and metabolic disease conference' on 25 - 26 March at Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, Scotland. Visit the conference webpage for further information.
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @DrCarrieRuxton: New review in NRR reporting worldwide trends in dietary sugars - intakes mostly stable or decreasing http://t.co/ekZep4…
- RT @HNRC_NclUni: HNRC Researcher will present at the 'Dietary Assessment Methods workshop' in March - further details http://t.co/UC8aF0xX6…
- Book by 5 Feb for early bird discounts on our Statistics & Dietary Assessment workshops. See http://t.co/g4VjwwnVWg @AfN_UK_
- RT @AfN_UK_: Thanks @cmpidgeon @HelenMunday @NutritionSoc for retweeting the AfN Manifesto call! #makingnutritionapriority
- RT @AfN_UK_: Tell your MP & future candidates about our call to make nutrition-related health & protection of title a key priority http://t…