The Irish Section of the Nutrition Society "exists to arrange research meetings easily accessible to Irish members and to provide a forum for nutrition education and research in Ireland".
Dr. Breige McNulty
UCD Institute of Food and Health
University College Dublin
Belfield, Dublin 4
For 2016 two conferences will be ran in Ireland. The first will be the 25th Postgraduate Conference, which will be held on 11 - 12 February at the Radisson Blu hotel in Cork, Ireland. The organisation, speaker aqusition and chairing of the meeting, is undertaken by research students from the host institution which alternates each year. For the 2016 event, postgraduate students from the University College Cork will form the organising committee.
The second conference will be our Annual Summer Conference titled 'New Technology for Nutrition Research' and will be held on 11 - 14 July at University College Dublin. The organising committee will consist of Dr Lorrane Brennan and Dr Breige McNulty. Further details about the conference will be announced soon.
The Nutrition Society (Irish Section) travel bursary
These travel bursaries provide financial support to allow members of the Irish Section to present at a scientific conference or attend a scientific workshop or training event. It is expected that all those applying would normally be speaking/presenting at the event. To ensure fairness the Nutrition Society (Irish Section) has adopted the NS guidelines for the award of Travel Grants which places a limit of £350 (€400) per member to attend an overseas meeting within a 3-year period and £125 (€150) per member to attend a meeting within the UK/Ireland within a 3-year period. Please note that all recipients are expected to provide a short report within 30 days of return from the meeting and reports of general interest may be published in the Gazette, website or student newsletter. Applications will be considered for funding in February, June, November of each year with a rolling closing date for receipt of 31 January, 31 May, 31 October for respective submissions.
The Irish Section includes over 300 Nutrition Society members and is chaired by Professor Jayne Woodside.
Irish Section Honorary Officers:
Irish Section Committee:
- Dr Janette Walton, UCC, Membership Secretary
- Aoife Hayes, UCC, Student representative
- Aoibheann McMorrow, UCD, Student representative
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @wcrfint: Today marks the first World Obesity Day: http://t.co/x7HzDD6Pds #WorldObesityDay
- RT @PALSAccessto: PALS Accessto Forensic and Analytical Sciences is out! http://t.co/BoT60poM7Q Stories via @SETAC_world @NutritionSoc @IHC…
- RT @rdukchat: @NutritionSoc Please help us spread word that on Monday 8pm #RDUK hosting a #PlantBased tweetchat http://t.co/WEwC3K4thk #al…
- RT @RoySocMed: Roles of sleep & circadian rhythms in the origin & nutritional management of obesity @NutritionSoc #rolesofsleep15 http://t.…
- NS President Prof Geissler welcomes new Trustee & Council members to first meeting to discuss 2015-2016 work plans. http://t.co/qCSQA5Kmd6