The Irish Section of the Nutrition Society "exists to arrange research meetings easily accessible to Irish members and to provide a forum for nutrition education and research in Ireland".
Dr. Breige McNulty
UCD Institute of Food and Health
University College Dublin
Belfield, Dublin 4
The Irish Section runs two meetings each year, which are easily accessible to its members. The Annual meeting is the largest of the Irish meetings, and it is normally held in mid-June at different venues.
A unique feature of the Irish Section is its annual Postgraduate Meeting, which is usually held in February each year. Fundraising, organisation and chairing of the meeting, which includes a 1-day symposium plus generic skills workshops, is undertaken by research students from the host institution which alternates each year.
For further information, go to the Events Page.
The Nutrition Society (Irish Section) travel bursary
These travel bursaries provide financial support to allow members of the Irish Section to present at a scientific conference or attend a scientific workshop or training event. It is expected that all those applying would normally be speaking/presenting at the event. To ensure fairness the Nutrition Society (Irish Section) has adopted the NS guidelines for the award of Travel Grants which places a limit of £350 (€400) per member to attend an overseas meeting within a 3-year period and £125 (€150) per member to attend a meeting within the UK/Ireland within a 3-year period. Please note that all recipients are expected to provide a short report within 30 days of return from the meeting and reports of general interest may be published in the Gazette, website or student newsletter. Applications will be considered for funding in February, June, November of each year with a rolling closing date for receipt of 31st January, 31st May, 31st October for respective submissions.
The Irish Section includes over 300 Nutrition Society members and is chaired by Professor Jayne Woodside.
Irish Section Honorary Officers:
Irish Section Committee:
- Dr Janette Walton, UCC, Membership Secretary
- Aoife Hayes, UCC, Student representative
- Aoibheann McMorrow, UCD, Student representative
Latest Twitter feed
- @Laura_Wyness great stuff Laura. Look forward to seeing you there
- RT @Laura_Wyness: Delighted to have abstract accepted for Nutrition Society conference! #sarcopenia @NutritionSoc
- CPD accreditation for Winter Meeting on #nutrition, #ageing is approved! @AfN_UK_ @BrDieteticAssoc @RoySocMed http://t.co/Y2HidtVMpw
- NS Trustees Meeting today to discuss overall strategy, member benefits & new initiatives for 2015. http://t.co/WpQTNEdd9K
- NS Council meeting. Members discussing importance of animal nutrition alongside science of human #nutrition. http://t.co/UwHDLaF5QN
Training & Education: View