Please see below for a full list of the membership categories offered by the Nutrition Society. All membership categories include a number of member benefits and an online only subscription to Proceedings of the Nutrition Society as part of the membership package.
Annual subscription is effective from 1 January to 31 December each year.
SPECIAL DISCOUNT OFFER: We are offering all new members 50% off our membership fees when membership is purchased. Click here to find out more.
For further information on the annual membership and journal fees, please see the fees section.
Full membership entitles the member to the full list of benefits. Full Members are also eligible to apply or renew by Direct Debit.
NB Members employed in the United Kingdom may qualify for tax relief on their subscriptions.
Students qualify for a reduced cost membership whilst studying a course in nutrition.
Applications must be supported by a lecturer, tutor or supervisor who need not be a member of the Society. If you join at the start of the academic year 2014/2015, your membership will continue until 31 December 2015.
Once you have completed your studies, you will be eligible to become a graduate member of the Society (see below).
Those who are recent graduates qualify for a reduced cost membership for up to two years after graduation.
Retired membership is intended for members who have retired but who wish to keep up to date with nutrition news and research. It offers the same benefits as the Full Member Electronic category. Retired Members are eligible to apply or renew by Direct Debit.
Low income economies Membership
This category applies to members in very low - income economies. To see if you are eligible for this reduced rate category please see the below list of qualifying countries.
Unwaged/Discretionary rate Membership
Unwaged/discretionary rate membership is available for one year only. This type of membership is open to applicants who are able to prove genuine hardship. To find out more, please contact the Nutrition Society office.
American Society for Nutrition affiliate
Current members of the American Society for Nutrition are eligible to apply for ASN affiliate membership.
The package includes online subscription to the Society's four journals: British Journal of Nutrition, Proceedings of the Nutrition Society, Public Health Nutrition and Nutrition Research Reviews, as well as member rates to attend Nutrition Society conferences and Training and Education events. Members within this category will also receive correspondence from the Society throughout the year via email.
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @RoySocMed: Roles of sleep & circadian rhythms in the origin & nutritional management of obesity @NutritionSoc #rolesofsleep15 http://t.…
- NS President Prof Geissler welcomes new Trustee & Council members to first meeting to discuss 2015-2016 work plans. http://t.co/qCSQA5Kmd6
- RT @TheDairyCouncil: The Dairy Council Sports Nutrition Award in collaboration with @SENregister Details: http://t.co/bIputFk7sT http://t.c…
- RT @glenysjones: Great to hear @BBCNaga mention nutribabbles negative impact. Registered Nutritionists + Dietitians can help media understa…
- @z_Xavier_r Sorry Zac, we are unable to share training material. Next Dietary Ass w/shop Sept 16, look here for info http://t.co/EZ7sgceA1D