Please see below for a full list of the membership categories offered by the Nutrition Society. All membership categories include a number of member benefits and an online only subscription to Proceedings of the Nutrition Society as part of the membership package.
Annual subscription is effective from 1 January to 31 December each year.
Renew your membership for 2015 here.
For further information on the annual membership and journal fees, please see the fees section.
Full membership entitles the member to the full list of benefits. Full Members are also eligible to apply or renew by Direct Debit.
NB Members employed in the United Kingdom may qualify for tax relief on their subscriptions.
Students qualify for a reduced cost membership whilst studying a course in nutrition.
Applications must be supported by a lecturer, tutor or supervisor who need not be a member of the Society. If you join at the start of the academic year 2014/2015, your membership will continue until 31 December 2015.
Once you have completed your studies, you will be eligible to become a graduate member of the Society (see below).
Those who are recent graduates qualify for a reduced cost membership for up to two years after graduation.
Retired membership is intended for members who have retired but who wish to keep up to date with nutrition news and research. It offers the same benefits as the Full Member Electronic category. Retired Members are eligible to apply or renew by Direct Debit.
Low income economies Membership
This category applies to members in very low - income economies. To see if you are eligible for this reduced rate category please see the below list of qualifying countries.
Unwaged/Discretionary rate Membership
Unwaged/discretionary rate membership is available for one year only. This type of membership is open to applicants who are able to prove genuine hardship. To find out more, please contact the Nutrition Society office.
American Society for Nutrition affiliate
Current members of the American Society for Nutrition are eligible to apply for ASN affiliate membership.
The package includes online subscription to the Society's four journals: British Journal of Nutrition, Proceedings of the Nutrition Society, Public Health Nutrition and Nutrition Research Reviews, as well as member rates to attend Nutrition Society conferences and Training and Education events. Members within this category will also receive correspondence from the Society throughout the year via email.
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @RoySocMed: There's still time to book for our meeting on nutrition and age-related muscle loss, organised with @NutritionSoc http://t.c…
- We support new alliance in social care & health http://t.co/IxuEpC4p5r Mustn't forget importance of nutrition in this too @NHSEngland @Co4CC
- RT @RoySocMed: MT @NutritionSoc: Limited places at Dec #Nutrition, #Ageing & muscle loss conf hosted by NS & @RoySocMed See http://t.co/jVo…
- Public health professionals learn more about science of #Nutrition #Ageing & muscle loss http://t.co/352zkbyEd8 9-10 Dec,Lon @R_S_P_H pls RT
- Great post by BMJ's @fgodlee on importance of nutrition science helping doctors tackle obesity epidemic http://t.co/zuz8fe8doI @bmj_latest
Training & Education: View