How to apply for membership
Note to new and existing members
We are in the process of updating our membership database and whilst this is happening, you will be unable to join our Society online, renew your membership and login to access your details.
If you would like to join our Society or have any queries, please call +44 (0)207 605 6555 or email us. Once the system is available, we will notify you as soon as possible with how to join online.
If you wish you renew your membership, you will be contacted in the near future with details about how to log in to your new member profile and renew online.
If you have any queries, please contact our membership team via email or on +44 (0)207 605 6555.
How to become a member of The Nutrition Society
Membership of the Nutrition Society is worldwide and is open to those with an interest in the science of human or animal nutrition.
You will be able to join online soon. Further details will be available here. In the meantime, if you would like to register your interest, please email us or phone us on +44 (0)207 605 6555
Renewing your membership?
If you are a current member and would like to renew your membership, this service is not currently available. This is because there are a number of phased changes and improvements to the Nutrition Society’s website planned over the next few months. The first phase of this is a new database. The migration of existing data to the new database is now reaching its final stages, ready for launch in early May. This data is currently managed for the Society by Cambridge University Press. In future this will be securely hosted and managed by the Nutrition Society. As this migration has been taking place over the past few months it has overlapped the traditional renewal period for the Society’s annual memberships. It was agreed that the best way to avoid inconveniencing members during this period, was by extending the 2015/16 membership year until at least 30 April 2016. As a result, no renewal notices will be sent to members until mid May 2016 and membership will still be valid until this email is sent. All memberships from now on, will be on a rolling year basis, and not on a calendar year, as previously. Please look out for your renewal email or further information during May.
If you have any queries with regards to the application process, please contact the Nutrition Society Membership team.
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @amgallagher_UU: Great to be reminded of what was a great talk at the NS Winter meeting by Prof Westerterp-Plantenga https://t.co/PSk9T6…
- Programme now available for Bioinformatic workshop in June - see agenda & secure your place here https://t.co/9oY05D1pOp @emblebi
- New paper on sleep, circadian rhythms & body weight in PNS by Prof Westerterp-Plantenga from #rolesofsleep2015 conf https://t.co/rIGboj2lAJ
- The Dairy Council have produced a booklet on iodine in dairy products - download free here: https://t.co/eL1hp7cEcx @TheDairyCouncil
- New meta-analysis in BJN finds link between eggs & type 2 diabetes- but only if you live in USA https://t.co/P5HmVZ23gU @CUPAcademic