Nutrition And Immune Function
- PC Calder
- CJ Field
- HS Gill
This book provides a review of the roles of specific nutrients in maintaining the immune response and host protection against infection. It also considers the influence of various factors, such as exercise and ageing, on the interaction between nutrition and immune function. The main emphasis is on humans, but comparative mammalian data are also presented.
The contents include methods for studying nutrient-immune function interactions, the impact of undernutriton on immune function and infection, the influences of fatty acids, amino acids, antioxidant vitamins, and various minerals on immunity, immunological effects of changes throughout the life cycle, and public health policy implications.
For further details visit the CABI Publishing website
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @Jennybandon: Great talk by Prof Maria O Sullivan editor of PNS on publishing papers. So relevant and informative #25NSPGcork @Nutrition…
- RT @NICHE_ULSTER: Marking the occasion!! Successful Irish Section PG meetings for 25 years. A great #Legacy #25NSPGcork https://t.co/3wiR2O…
- RT @Jennybandon: A huge congratulations to the local organisers of #25NSPGcork @NutritionSoc PG meeting_Cork. Here's to the next 25 https:/…
- RT @NS_CEO: The Irish Section Post Grad meeting celebrates its 25th! #25NSPGcork @NutritionSoc https://t.co/QxQifTI2V9
- RT @aoifenihaodha: Getting ready for a great night @NutritionSoc gala dinner! #25NSPGcork https://t.co/FH326cg0yy