Nutrition And Immune Function
- PC Calder
- CJ Field
- HS Gill
This book provides a review of the roles of specific nutrients in maintaining the immune response and host protection against infection. It also considers the influence of various factors, such as exercise and ageing, on the interaction between nutrition and immune function. The main emphasis is on humans, but comparative mammalian data are also presented.
The contents include methods for studying nutrient-immune function interactions, the impact of undernutriton on immune function and infection, the influences of fatty acids, amino acids, antioxidant vitamins, and various minerals on immunity, immunological effects of changes throughout the life cycle, and public health policy implications.
For further details visit the CABI Publishing website
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @CNmagazines: It's that time! Nominate for the 2016 CN Awards and WIN! https://t.co/lwkZ8lwjul #recogniseyourcolleagues https://t.co/f…
- RT @CambridgeJnls: Research from #PublicHealth #Nutrition on support and opposition for #sodatax #sugartax" target="_blank">https://t.co/HXVunPO42Q #sugartax
- RT @PALSAccessto: PALS Accessto Forensic and Analytical Sciences is out! https://t.co/NG2s6SW60T Stories via @SETAC_world @NutritionSoc
- RT @KiuSum: Are you a BSc/MSc/Post Doc #student or #professional in Nutrition/Science/Health? Interested in #Speed #Networking? Contact me …
- RT @RoySocMed: Last chance to book: Roles of sleep & circadian rhythms in origin & nutritional management of obesity @NutritionSoc https://…