Nutrition And Immune Function
- PC Calder
- CJ Field
- HS Gill
This book provides a review of the roles of specific nutrients in maintaining the immune response and host protection against infection. It also considers the influence of various factors, such as exercise and ageing, on the interaction between nutrition and immune function. The main emphasis is on humans, but comparative mammalian data are also presented.
The contents include methods for studying nutrient-immune function interactions, the impact of undernutriton on immune function and infection, the influences of fatty acids, amino acids, antioxidant vitamins, and various minerals on immunity, immunological effects of changes throughout the life cycle, and public health policy implications.
For further details visit the CABI Publishing website
Latest Twitter feed
- Looking forward to seeing delegates at our Statistics for Nutrition Research workshop tomorrow @UniWestminster @AfN_UK_
- RT @NutritionAB: I really enjoyed chairing the NII meeting today. Many thanks to @NutritionSocRob @NutritionSoc for an excellent presentati…
- RT @NutritionSocRob: Great presentation to NII members by Katherine Livingstone PhD from @StudentsNCL on Food4me personalised nutrition stu…
- RT @NutritionSocRob: At Nutritionists In Industry meeting @Nestle in Gatwick. Fascinating talk by @Foodanddrinkfed on horizon scanning for …
- RT @WardyMw: Great buzz at @UlsterUniLHS UCAS applicants open day for Food Nutrition @NutritionSoc and Dietetics @BrDieteticAssoc http://t.…