Nutrition And Immune Function
- PC Calder
- CJ Field
- HS Gill
This book provides a review of the roles of specific nutrients in maintaining the immune response and host protection against infection. It also considers the influence of various factors, such as exercise and ageing, on the interaction between nutrition and immune function. The main emphasis is on humans, but comparative mammalian data are also presented.
The contents include methods for studying nutrient-immune function interactions, the impact of undernutriton on immune function and infection, the influences of fatty acids, amino acids, antioxidant vitamins, and various minerals on immunity, immunological effects of changes throughout the life cycle, and public health policy implications.
For further details visit the CABI Publishing website
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @thomsok: “@NutritionSoc: Coming to Edinburgh Science Festival? Join us for future foods debate, on 8 Apr. http://t.co/GnTs5krw11" will …
- Coming to the Edinburgh Science Festival? Join us for our future foods debate, 17.30, on 8 Apr. http://t.co/aZR6EsEXhb @EdSciFest
- RT @Society_Biology: You’re not alone in hating #impactfactors -new blog from @RebeccaNesbit: http://t.co/G9HNVn27p8 @Columbia @TheCrick @U…
- RT @Society_Biology: In pictures: the women leading the UK's top universities - incl. our former President, Prof Dame Nancy Rothwell FSB: h…
- RT @Society_Biology: .@CityUniLondon Blog: #STEM #diversity & #education discussed at parliament session for young researchers: http://t.co…