Nutrition And Immune Function
- PC Calder
- CJ Field
- HS Gill
This book provides a review of the roles of specific nutrients in maintaining the immune response and host protection against infection. It also considers the influence of various factors, such as exercise and ageing, on the interaction between nutrition and immune function. The main emphasis is on humans, but comparative mammalian data are also presented.
The contents include methods for studying nutrient-immune function interactions, the impact of undernutriton on immune function and infection, the influences of fatty acids, amino acids, antioxidant vitamins, and various minerals on immunity, immunological effects of changes throughout the life cycle, and public health policy implications.
For further details visit the CABI Publishing website
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @TuftsNutrition: "It became obvious to me: Diet was the big factor influencing my patients' health" @Dmozaffarian via @NutritionSoc: ht…
- Early Bird for our Stats for Nutrition Research wkshop @sheffielduni ends today. See http://t.co/QUbwZ8BcKg pls RT http://t.co/tlKcT9PIqb
- RT @AnnaClareHall: Nutrition Society Stats workshop at the University of Sheffield. AfN Certified. https://t.co/ph4MyryaKG
- RT @PALSAccessto: PALS Accessto Forensic and Analytical Sciences is out! http://t.co/iLkTkhAt3l Stories via @CharterForSci @NutritionSoc
- RT @NutSocPGConf: One week left to submit your abstract for the @NutritionSoc Postgrad Conference! http://t.co/Vt53tuwT1D http://t.co/F6y5s…