Nutrition And Immune Function
- PC Calder
- CJ Field
- HS Gill
This book provides a review of the roles of specific nutrients in maintaining the immune response and host protection against infection. It also considers the influence of various factors, such as exercise and ageing, on the interaction between nutrition and immune function. The main emphasis is on humans, but comparative mammalian data are also presented.
The contents include methods for studying nutrient-immune function interactions, the impact of undernutriton on immune function and infection, the influences of fatty acids, amino acids, antioxidant vitamins, and various minerals on immunity, immunological effects of changes throughout the life cycle, and public health policy implications.
For further details visit the CABI Publishing website
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @NutritionSocRob: Story of interest: Getting a nutrition goal is great, but we need a more ambitious target http://t.co/BkqHukOmZN via @…
- RT @NutritionSocRob: Story of interest: Healthy food trend sees McDonald’s, Coca-Cola’s profits slim down http://t.co/VZbAWopdiH
- RT @NutritionSocRob: Story of interest: Psychological Determinants of Consumer Acceptance of Personalised Nutrition in 9 EU Countries http:…
- RT @NutritionSocRob: Story of interest: Good nutrition during the first 1,000 days of life is critically important http://t.co/NIj3VawquV
- RT @NutritionSocRob: Story of interest: Diet for your DNA: Novel nutrition plan sparks debate around data protection http://t.co/wNpXVC9IAj…