Nutrition And Immune Function
- PC Calder
- CJ Field
- HS Gill
This book provides a review of the roles of specific nutrients in maintaining the immune response and host protection against infection. It also considers the influence of various factors, such as exercise and ageing, on the interaction between nutrition and immune function. The main emphasis is on humans, but comparative mammalian data are also presented.
The contents include methods for studying nutrient-immune function interactions, the impact of undernutriton on immune function and infection, the influences of fatty acids, amino acids, antioxidant vitamins, and various minerals on immunity, immunological effects of changes throughout the life cycle, and public health policy implications.
For further details visit the CABI Publishing website
Latest Twitter feed
- @4entoFEED @InsectsFoodFeed @go_ento Eating insects: Hear Prof Arnold van Huis at our conf on 8 Jul, See http://t.co/tjVJP3uLUO pls RT thx
- Eating insects? Hear Prof Arnold van Huis present our Boyd Orr Lecture on 8 July. See http://t.co/tjVJP3uLUO @PROteINSECT @Bugs_for_Life
- Great to see so many people at our scientific writing for publication workshop in Tanzania. http://t.co/6US3ZAHuh1
- RT @AlexRNutrition: Really looking forward to going back to UoN for the @NutritionSoc conference in July: A rare meeting of minds http://t.…
- Busy registration for the scientific writing workshop. Make sure you're on time, there is a long waiting list! http://t.co/sZlLP1XvAH