Nutrition And Immune Function
- PC Calder
- CJ Field
- HS Gill
This book provides a review of the roles of specific nutrients in maintaining the immune response and host protection against infection. It also considers the influence of various factors, such as exercise and ageing, on the interaction between nutrition and immune function. The main emphasis is on humans, but comparative mammalian data are also presented.
The contents include methods for studying nutrient-immune function interactions, the impact of undernutriton on immune function and infection, the influences of fatty acids, amino acids, antioxidant vitamins, and various minerals on immunity, immunological effects of changes throughout the life cycle, and public health policy implications.
For further details visit the CABI Publishing website
Latest Twitter feed
- @z_Xavier_r Sorry Zac, we are unable to share training material. Next Dietary Ass w/shop Sept 16, look here for info http://t.co/EZ7sgceA1D
- RT @Cass_Ellis1: Story of Interest: Fizzy drink sugar levels vary dramatically between countries, says survey http://t.co/fqrylrzYUB via @F…
- RT @Cass_Ellis1: Story of Interest: Ancient Romans 'had perfect teeth' thanks to healthy low-sugar diet | via @Telegraph http://t.co/ScVG69…
- RT @senseaboutsci: As part of #PeerRevWk15, you can join a free webinar on Trust & Transparency in #peerreview, 4pm today: http://t.co/S5rq…
- RT @Cass_Ellis1: Story of Interest: Vitamin D Supplementation: Give to Mother or to Infant? http://t.co/xtnDcyg51e