with the latest
Keep up to date with the latest cutting edge nutrition research.
Location: Trinty Hall, Cambridge University
We are delighted to announce that Cambridge University will be hosting the Nutrition Society's 2015 GB Postgraduate Conference from 7 - 8 September 2015.
Further details about the call for abstract submission, conference programme, registration and accommodation are available here.
Please note: Call for abstract (OC) submission deadline is 7 August
If you have any queries or would like to be notified when registration is open, please contact the Local Organising Committee.
Location: Royal Society of Medicine, One Wimpole Street, London
Event jointly organised with the Royal Society of Medicine
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN:
Book your place by 11 November 2015 and save up to 50% on your booking fee. Register here.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS: Deadline for submissions is 25 September 2015. Submit your application here.
Obesity-related disease underlies hundreds of thousands of premature deaths worldwide. Obesity originates from an imbalance in the intake and expenditure of energy, and specifically from the passive over consumption of energy from food and a sedentary lifestyle, which leads to an increased storage of body fat and weight gain. There is an emerging body of evidence to suggest that partial sleep deprivation may contribute to the development of obesity by influencing both the amount and type of food that we eat, through effects on appetite and food choice. There is also compelling evidence to suggest that obesity may develop from a mismatch between the timing of food intake throughout the day, and circadian rhythms associated with the regulation of energy balance.
Further details about the conference can be found here.
Latest Twitter feed
- Refresh your nutrition stats knowledge at our wkshop. Early bird expires 3 Aug - http://t.co/QUbwZ8BcKg @sheffielduni @sheffhallamuni pls RT
- RT @ChemistDirect: @DrCarrieRuxton @NutritionSoc Thanks for sharing Dr Ruxton;understanding meal patterns is crucial &we all need to be edu…
- We are pleased Dr Graham Horgan will host 4 Sept workshop. Book to refresh stats knowledge - http://t.co/QUbwZ8BcKg. @BioSScotland pls RT
- Are you a nutrition postgrad student? Would like career support & present your research? Visit - http://t.co/h1eMfNuNm3 @NutSocPGConf
- RT @wwaterlander: @nzherald See our full paper on #ultraprocessed foods in #NZ supermarkets here: http://t.co/aTsiOPH6ev Published in @Nutr…