Introducing the Health at Every Size approach (HAES) - London
A HAES approach offers an effective and ethical alternative to the conventional weight-centred approach to eating and health. Using strategies of intuitive eating and active embodiment HAES practice promotes self-care within a compassion-centred philosophy.
The HAES philosophy is also deeply concerned with social justice and brings social determinants of health into view in nutritional wellbeing as well as challenging overt and implicit size bias in and beyond health care. This HAES_workshop explores the evidence and provides an introduction to HAES practice in the clinic.
Facilitator Dr Lucy Aphramor pioneered the use of HAES practice in the NHS and is recognised internationally for her work in the field.
- Accredited with the British Dietetic Association
- Please note: The courses cost £125 with a discount when you book two courses.
For further information and to register for this workshop, please visit the Well Founded website.
Latest Twitter feed
- Early Bird for our Stats for Nutrition Research wkshop @sheffielduni ends today. See http://t.co/QUbwZ8BcKg pls RT http://t.co/tlKcT9PIqb
- RT @AnnaClareHall: Nutrition Society Stats workshop at the University of Sheffield. AfN Certified. https://t.co/ph4MyryaKG
- RT @PALSAccessto: PALS Accessto Forensic and Analytical Sciences is out! http://t.co/iLkTkhAt3l Stories via @CharterForSci @NutritionSoc
- RT @NutSocPGConf: One week left to submit your abstract for the @NutritionSoc Postgrad Conference! http://t.co/Vt53tuwT1D http://t.co/F6y5s…
- Refresh your nutrition stats knowledge at our wkshop. Early bird expires 3 Aug - http://t.co/QUbwZ8BcKg @sheffielduni @sheffhallamuni pls RT