Introducing the Health at Every Size approach (HAES) - London
A HAES approach offers an effective and ethical alternative to the conventional weight-centred approach to eating and health. Using strategies of intuitive eating and active embodiment HAES practice promotes self-care within a compassion-centred philosophy.
The HAES philosophy is also deeply concerned with social justice and brings social determinants of health into view in nutritional wellbeing as well as challenging overt and implicit size bias in and beyond health care. This HAES_workshop explores the evidence and provides an introduction to HAES practice in the clinic.
Facilitator Dr Lucy Aphramor pioneered the use of HAES practice in the NHS and is recognised internationally for her work in the field.
- Accredited with the British Dietetic Association
- Please note: The courses cost £125 with a discount when you book two courses.
For further information and to register for this workshop, please visit the Well Founded website.
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @RNutrIP: If you're looking for a #Nutritionist for a project or media quotes, make sure they are #registered! Check out @AfN_UK_'s regi…
- RT @NutritionAB: Staying on the right side of nutritional science as an SME https://t.co/hQXv4bPsXn Great article highlighting work of RNut…
- RT @NutritionSocRob: Story of interest: Pregnancy diets and early years nutrition: spreading the word http://t.co/VgC49QnnsM
- RT @NutritionSocRob: Story of interest: Alltech acquires Ridley for $427 million to strengthen animal nutrition operations http://t.co/fZ74…
- RT @NutritionSocRob: Story of interest: More than 2M to take part in Healthy Eating week http://t.co/FOSotMDm2g via @FoodManufacture