Introducing the Health at Every Size approach (HAES) - London
A HAES approach offers an effective and ethical alternative to the conventional weight-centred approach to eating and health. Using strategies of intuitive eating and active embodiment HAES practice promotes self-care within a compassion-centred philosophy.
The HAES philosophy is also deeply concerned with social justice and brings social determinants of health into view in nutritional wellbeing as well as challenging overt and implicit size bias in and beyond health care. This HAES_workshop explores the evidence and provides an introduction to HAES practice in the clinic.
Facilitator Dr Lucy Aphramor pioneered the use of HAES practice in the NHS and is recognised internationally for her work in the field.
- Accredited with the British Dietetic Association
- Please note: The courses cost £125 with a discount when you book two courses.
For further information and to register for this workshop, please visit the Well Founded website.
Latest Twitter feed
- RT @Cass_Ellis1: Story of interest: UK minister warns industry over sugar tax http://t.co/h2HCfduMtV via @FoodNavigator
- RT @Cass_Ellis1: Story of interest: Food security and animal health under Brussels spotlight http://t.co/O2DghQ4P54 via @FoodManufacture
- RT @Cass_Ellis1: Story of interest: Tesco commits to 5% sugar reduction in own label food and drinks http://t.co/RPp9sl5Yte via @FoodNaviga…
- RT @Cass_Ellis1: Story of interest: Nutrition Advancements Ushering in an Era of Personalized Diets for Health http://t.co/ybOS6e6emk
- RT @Cass_Ellis1: Story of interest: Many still oblivious to obesity threats http://t.co/5u2hsIwPgK via @FoodNavigator