Introducing the Health at Every Size approach (HAES) - London
A HAES approach offers an effective and ethical alternative to the conventional weight-centred approach to eating and health. Using strategies of intuitive eating and active embodiment HAES practice promotes self-care within a compassion-centred philosophy.
The HAES philosophy is also deeply concerned with social justice and brings social determinants of health into view in nutritional wellbeing as well as challenging overt and implicit size bias in and beyond health care. This HAES_workshop explores the evidence and provides an introduction to HAES practice in the clinic.
Facilitator Dr Lucy Aphramor pioneered the use of HAES practice in the NHS and is recognised internationally for her work in the field.
- Accredited with the British Dietetic Association
- Please note: The courses cost £125 with a discount when you book two courses.
For further information and to register for this workshop, please visit the Well Founded website.
Latest Twitter feed
- Do you need help with the next stages of your career? Attend our Postgrad Conf & be inspired - http://t.co/ceyQJhkusd @AFN_UK_ pls RT
- RT @Cass_Ellis1: Story of interest: 73,000 new food and drink jobs in England and Wales http://t.co/kp7Ba1YfZV via @FoodManufacture
- RT @Cass_Ellis1: Story of interest: Eco-Friendly Start-Up Sells Ugly Fruits and Veggies - D-brief http://t.co/VSvqJiS8bE
- RT @foodgov: What are your thoughts on the new proposals for #RareBurgers? Would you eat one? http://t.co/jOZhRzFWn5 #BurgerDay http://t.co…
- RT @Cass_Ellis1: Story of interest: Research finds a link between rickets and the prevalence of autism http://t.co/YxnyMjuMfs via @VitaminD…