Introducing the Health at Every Size approach (HAES) - London
A HAES approach offers an effective and ethical alternative to the conventional weight-centred approach to eating and health. Using strategies of intuitive eating and active embodiment HAES practice promotes self-care within a compassion-centred philosophy.
The HAES philosophy is also deeply concerned with social justice and brings social determinants of health into view in nutritional wellbeing as well as challenging overt and implicit size bias in and beyond health care. This HAES_workshop explores the evidence and provides an introduction to HAES practice in the clinic.
Facilitator Dr Lucy Aphramor pioneered the use of HAES practice in the NHS and is recognised internationally for her work in the field.
- Accredited with the British Dietetic Association
- Please note: The courses cost £125 with a discount when you book two courses.
For further information and to register for this workshop, please visit the Well Founded website.
Latest Twitter feed
- @sarcopenia interviews Prof Roger Fielding http://t.co/PSpCsXNivO keynote speaker on #nutrition #ageing at http://t.co/dlcLYO1feo @RoySocMed
- One week to go for early bird discount on our Winter Conference on #nutrition & #ageing http://t.co/dlcLYO1feo @RoySocMed @ThePhySoc pls RT
- RT @NutritionSocRob: Story of interest: BBC2 weighs up personalised dieting | News | Broadcast: http://t.co/8zPhZcSShg
- RT @NutritionSocRob: Story of interest: Why the UK's official healthy food guide needs changing after 20 years http://t.co/YuUIIlLA7S
- RT @NutritionSocRob: Story of interest: Researchers urge retailers to replace kids’ ‘eye level’ junk food http://t.co/AfXgGJ6hvz via @FoodN…
Training & Education: View