Introducing the Health at Every Size approach (HAES) - London
A HAES approach offers an effective and ethical alternative to the conventional weight-centred approach to eating and health. Using strategies of intuitive eating and active embodiment HAES practice promotes self-care within a compassion-centred philosophy.
The HAES philosophy is also deeply concerned with social justice and brings social determinants of health into view in nutritional wellbeing as well as challenging overt and implicit size bias in and beyond health care. This HAES_workshop explores the evidence and provides an introduction to HAES practice in the clinic.
Facilitator Dr Lucy Aphramor pioneered the use of HAES practice in the NHS and is recognised internationally for her work in the field.
- Accredited with the British Dietetic Association
- Please note: The courses cost £125 with a discount when you book two courses.
For further information and to register for this workshop, please visit the Well Founded website.
Latest Twitter feed
- @z_Xavier_r Sorry Zac, we are unable to share training material. Next Dietary Ass w/shop Sept 16, look here for info http://t.co/EZ7sgceA1D
- RT @Cass_Ellis1: Story of Interest: Fizzy drink sugar levels vary dramatically between countries, says survey http://t.co/fqrylrzYUB via @F…
- RT @Cass_Ellis1: Story of Interest: Ancient Romans 'had perfect teeth' thanks to healthy low-sugar diet | via @Telegraph http://t.co/ScVG69…
- RT @senseaboutsci: As part of #PeerRevWk15, you can join a free webinar on Trust & Transparency in #peerreview, 4pm today: http://t.co/S5rq…
- RT @Cass_Ellis1: Story of Interest: Vitamin D Supplementation: Give to Mother or to Infant? http://t.co/xtnDcyg51e